Our Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder is a complete, well rounded source of vitamins and minerals that is extremely beneficial to the body. The leaves of this amazing plant contain eight amino acids as well as calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorous, iron sulfides, choline and beta-carotene. It is said to be an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, D, C, E and K as well as zinc calcium. Alfalfa leaves are rich in saponins, phytoestrogen and antioxidants.
Alfalfa Leaf Powder should not be confused with Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder. Alfalfa Leaf Powder is made by drying the whole grass leaf and then milling it into a fine powder. Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder is made by first juicing the Alfalfa Leaf and removing all of the cellulose so a pure juice concentrate is left. Then the juice is dried into a powder.
Alfalfa Leaf is known as "The Father of all Foods" and has been used for years in Chinese medicine to combat a variety of illnesses from kidney stones to rheumatism and arthritis. First used by the Arabs, they gave Alfalfa Leaf to their horses to keep them swift, healthy and strong.
Alfalfa is a true superfood that promotes overall health and wellness. Commonly used as an herbal diuretic and laxative, it can naturally relieve constipation and help with digestive problems such as indigestion and gastritis. It can be beneficial in boosting a sluggish appetite and calming a general upset stomach.
Alfalfa leaf is also used to detoxify the body by cleaning the liver, being useful as a natural remedy kidney and urinary tract infections. It has also been used to help women suffering from menopausal symptoms. Alfalfa Leaf is known to be used as an anti-fungal agent and can eliminate water retention.
Alfalfa Leaf aids in the assimilation of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Alfalfa leaf can even reduce plaque in the arteries which can help support a healthy heart. It can be highly beneficial against both anemia and asthma. The rich amount of vitamins and minerals found in alfalfa can help with malnutrition from anorexia or other disorders. Alfalfa Leaf is high in alkaline and can therefore be used to remedy acidic conditions. Alfalfa can increase the ability of blood to clot after injury; therefore alfalfa should not be used while taking aspirin or anti-clotting medication.
Alfalfa contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increased amounts of SOD cause our body to repair itself quicker. Additionally SOD acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Alfalfa is most commonly added to other herbs due to its high level of nutritional qualities. Add to baths or body wraps to soothe aching muscles or to relieve swelling of the body. Ingest in teas, smoothies or mix with juice. Feel the powerful benefits of this true superfood today with our raw Organic Alfalfa Leaf powder.
Some possible benefits of our raw Organic Alfalfa Leaf powder may include:
● Excellent natural laxative & diuretic
● Detoxifying of the urinary tract, & urinary tract infections
● Reducing excess water retention in the bladder
● Excellent natural source of vitamin K
● Well-known blood & liver purifier of chemicals & heavy metals
● Easing joint problems, skin issues & foul breath
● A strong alkaline effect on the body
● Excellent neutralizer for the acids in the intestinal tract
● Easing general digestive problems, gastritis & indigestion
● Excellent source of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
● Reducing migraine headaches through combined high magnesium & calcium levels
● Bioflavonoids that reduce inflammation of the stomach lining
● High levels of enzymes for food digestion & assimilation
● Combating bad forms of cholesterol, & reduces the incidence of atherosclerotic plaques
● Stabilizing blood sugar levels, particularly when taken in conjunction with manganese
● Improving pituitary gland functioning
● Stimulating the immune-system
● High level of vitamin K adds to the effective healing of bleeding gums & nosebleeds
● High bioflavonoid count increases blood capillary strength
● High levels of Vitamin K2 may partially decrease bone loss due to lack of estrogen in menopausal women
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Botanical Name: Medicago Sativa
Other Names: Lucerne, Buffalo Herb, Purple Medic, Buffalo Grass, Chilean Clover, Father of All Foods (Al-fal-fa)
Origin: USA - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Alfalfa powder is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers organic raw Alfalfa Leaf powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your raw organic Alfalfa Leaf powder in a cool, dark, dry place.