Raw Bacopa Monnieri (also known as Bacopa Monniera or Brahmi) is the best herb to increase memory naturally without side effects. Recent scientific studies show that Bacopa Monnieri (Brahmi) supports both short and long term memory function as well as enhances learning, concentration, and healthy function of the nervous system. Special alkaloids in Bacopa Monnieri called bacopasides help nourish and increase the coordination of brain neurons combating mental fatigue and leading to increased concentration and stamina. Bacopa is not only useful against common everyday forgetfulness, but many students use it to help boost memory function during exams. When used for this purpose, it is optimal to start taking bacopa 1 month prior to the exam.
Organic raw Bacopa Monnieri also has antioxidant properties which support cardiovascular health. Raw Bacopa Monnieri is also used to improve respiratory function and may increase thyroid hormone levels. It has also traditionally been used to alleviate symptoms associated with anxiety. Bacopa Monnieri has been used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine for centuries and is considered a complete natural remedy for the mind.
Bacopa Monnieri is an organically grown perennial herb whose habitat includes wetlands and muddy shores. It can grow 10" to 20" high and produces white or bluish flowers. Bacopa has the ability to grow either on the ground or under water and is often times used as an aquarium plant. Bacopa Monnieri is harvested in the fall and milled into a fine powder that is best known as Brahmi and is widely used in India.
Some possible benefits of our raw Organic Bacopa Monnieri / Brahmi powder may include:
● Boosting memory
● Supporting healthy function of the nervous system
● Combating mental fatigue
● Encouraging healthy respiratory function
● Promoting a healthy cardiovascular system
● Enhancing concentration & learning
Suggested Use: Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Botanical Name: Bacopa Monnieri
Other Names: Bacopa Monniera, Jalnaveri, Jalanimba, Sambrani chettu, Thyme-leaved Gratiola
Origin: Bulgaria - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Bacopa Monnieri (Brahmi) powder is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic raw Bacopa Monnieri (Brahmi) powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your raw Organic Bacopa Monnieri (Brahmi) powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. Chaudhuri PK, Srivastava R, Kumar S, et al. Phytotoxic and antimicrobial constituents of Bacopa monnieri and Holmskioldia sanguinea. Phytother Res 2004;18(2):114-117.
2. Chowdhuri DK, Parmar D, Kakkar P, et al. Antistress effects of bacosides of Bacopa monnieri: modulation of Hsp70 expression, superoxide dismutase and cytochrome P450 activity in rat brain. Phytother Res 2002;16(7):639-645.
3. Goel RK, Sairam K, Babu MD, et al. In vitro evaluation of Bacopa monniera on anti-Helicobacter pylori activity and accumulation of prostaglandins. Phytomedicine 2003;10(6-7):523-527.
4. Kar A, Panda S, Bharti S. Relative efficacy of three medicinal plant extracts in the alteration of thyroid hormone concentrations in male mice. J Ethnopharmacol 2002;81(2):281-285.
5. Kishore K, Singh M. Effect of bacosides, alcoholic extract of Bacopa monniera Linn. (brahmi), on experimental amnesia in mice. Indian J Exp Biol 2005;43(7):640-645.
6. Pawar R, Gopalakrishnan C, Bhutani KK. Dammarane triterpene saponin from Bacopa monniera as the superoxide inhibitor in polymorphonuclear cells. Planta Med 2001;67(8):752-754.
7. Rao CV, Sairam K, Goel RK. Experimental evaluation of Bocopa monniera on rat gastric ulceration and secretion. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2000;44(4):435-441.
8. Roodenrys S, Booth D, Bulzomi S, et al. Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) on human memory. Neuropsychopharmacology 2002;27(2):279-281.
9. Russo A, Borrelli F. Bacopa monniera, a reputed nootropic plant: an overview. Phytomedicine 2005;12(4):305-317.
10. Russo A, Izzo AA, Borrelli F, et al. Free radical scavenging capacity and protective effect of Bacopa monniera L. on DNA damage. Phytother Res 2003;17(8):870-875.
11. Samiulla DS, Prashanth D, Amit A. Mast cell stabilising activity of Bacopa monnieri. Fitoterapia 2001;72(3):284-285.
12. Stough C, Lloyd J, Clarke J, et al. The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2001;156(4):481-484.
13. Sumathy T, Govindasamy S, Balakrishna K, et al. Protective role of Bacopa monniera on morphine-induced brain mitochondrial enzyme activity in rats. Fitoterapia 2002;73(5):381-385.
14. Sumathy T, Subramanian S, Govindasamy S, et al. Protective role of Bacopa monniera on morphine induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Phytother Res 2001;15(7):643-645.
15. Vohora D, Pal SN, Pillai KK. Protection from phenytoin-induced cognitive deficit by Bacopa monniera, a reputed Indian nootropic plant. J Ethnopharmacol 2000;71(3):383-390.