Our organic banana flakes are wonderfully sweet and absolutely delicious making it a cinch to add to smoothies, desserts and other recipes. Best of all is, that it's great for you. Perhaps instead of eating an apple each day for optimum health, the adage should state that a banana each day keeps the doctor away. The banana health benefits may outweigh those of the apple because it has many more vitamins and nutrients than their round counterparts. When compared to an apple, Banana has four times more protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. All of these factors combined make the banana a super food that is an integral part of a healthy daily regimen.
Bananas are true quality sources of energy. Bananas are ideal for eating during that midday lull when you feel tired and sluggish. If you want a quick fix for flagging energy levels there is no better snack than a Banana. Banana's three natural sugars Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose which when combined with its fiber gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two Bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90 minute workout. But energy supply is not the only way a Banana can help you get fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of other illnesses and conditions.
Bananas contain potassium, protein, fiber, carbohydrates and vitamins: A, B, B6, C and E; and minerals: calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and folate (also known as vitamin B9 and natural folic acid). It also contains serotonin which can elevate the mood and help fight stress. Being rich in iron, the bananas stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood, thus helping in cases of anemia. Because of its high potassium, but low salt content, it is indicated for those having problems with arterial pressure. Because they are rich in potassium, bananas help the body's circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body. Potassium is also helpful for reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure because of the way it promotes circulatory health.
Bananas can lift your spirits because they contain a chemical called tryptophan - the same chemical found in turkey. This mood regulating substance contains a level of protein that helps the mind relax so you feel happier. People suffering from depression often report feeling better after eating a banana. Bananas naturally contain vitamin B6 which helps to regulate blood glucose level and improve overall mood.
Our Organic Banana flakes also works great as a rejuvenating face mask. Just mix it into a little bit of plain yogurt and your skin will thank you!
Some possible benefits of our raw Organic Banana flakes may include:
● Easing Depression because bananas increase your serotonin levels
● Fighting Anemia by stimulating the production of hemoglobin
● Helping regulate Blood Pressure because of high potassium and low salt levels
● Reducing constipation because of high amounts of fiber
● Assisting learning & alertness by bringing more oxygen to the brain
● Curing hangovers when made into a shake with milk & honey
● Soothing heartburn
● Reducing the risk of strokes
● Helping avoid morning sickness
● Calming nerves
● Easing Peptic Ulcers by neutralizes acidity & reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach
● Cooling fruit that can lower both the physical & emotional temperature of expectant mothers
● Helping ease effects of nicotine withdrawal
● Reducing stress
Our raw Organic Banana flakes are cut very fine like a granular powder.
Mix 1 - 2 teaspoons with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie. Use to add flavor and nutrition to any recipe. Ideal for dry fruit preparations, powdered drinks, cake mixes, desserts, etc. Reconstituted flakes with water at a 1:3 ratio and use as you would fresh mashed bananas.
Organic Banana Flakes.
Banana, Bananier Nain, Canbur, Curro
Ecuador - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Banana flakes passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Banana flakes packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Banana flakes in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. Ascherio A, Rimm EB, Hernan MA, et al. Intake of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and fiber and risk of stroke among US men. Circulation. 1998 Sep 22;98(12):1198-204. 1998.
2. Bazzano LA, He J, Ogden LG, Loria CM, Whelton PK. Dietary fiber intake and reduced risk of coronary heart disease in US men and women: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I Epidemiologic Follow-up Study. Arch Intern Med. 2003 Sep 8;163(16):1897-904. 2003.
3. Beezhold DH, Sussman GL, Liss GM, Chang NS. Latex allergy can induce clinical reactions to specific foods. Clin Exp Allergy 1996 Apr;26(4):416-22. 1996.
4. Cho E, Seddon JM, Rosner B, Willett WC, Hankinson SE. Prospective study of intake of fruits, vegetables, vitamins, and carotenoids and risk of age-related maculopathy. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004 Jun;122(6):883-92. 2004. PMID:15197064.
5. Chow J. Probiotics and prebiotics: A brief overview.J Ren Nutr. 2002 Apr;12(2):76-86. 2002. PMID:11953920.
6. Delbourg MF, Guilloux L, Moneret-Vautrin DA, Ville G. Hypersensitivity to banana in latex-allergic patients. Identification of two major banana allergens of 33 and 37 kD. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1996 Apr;76(4):321-6. 1996.
7. Dunjic BS, Svensson I, Axelson J, et al. Green banana protection of gastric mucosa against experimentally induced injuries in rats. A multicomponent mechanism?. Scand J Gastroenterol 1993 Oct;28(10):894-8. 1993.
8. Englberger L, Darnton-Hill I, Coyne T, Fitzgerald MH, Marks GC. Carotenoid-rich bananas: a potential food source for alleviating vitamin A deficiency. Food Nutr Bull. 2003 Dec;24(4):303-18. 2003. PMID:14870618.
9. Ensminger AH, Esminger M. K. J. e. al. Food for Health: A Nutrition Encyclopedia. Clovis, California: Pegus Press; 1986. 1986. PMID:15210.
10. Hills BA, Kirwood CA. Surfactant approach to the gastric mucosal barrier: Protection of rats by banana even when acidified. Gastroenterology 1989;97:294-303. 1989.
11. Rabbani GH, Teka T, Saha SK, Zaman B, Majid N, Khatun M, Wahed MA, Fuchs GJ. Green banana and pectin improve small intestinal permeability and reduce fluid loss in Bangladeshi children with persistent diarrhea. Dig Dis Sci. 2004 Mar;49(3):475-84. 2004. PMID:15139502.
12. Rao NM. Protease inhibitors from ripened and unripened bananas. Biochem Int 1991 May;24(1):13-22. 1991.
13. Rashidkhani B, Lindblad P, Wolk A. Fruits, vegetables and risk of renal cell carcinoma: a prospective study of Swedish women. Int J Cancer. 2005 Jan 20;113(3):451-5. 2005. PMID:15455348.
14. Sanchez-Monge R, Blanco C, Diaz-Perales A, et al. Isolation and characterization of major banana allergens: identification as fruit class I chitinases. Clin Exp Allergy 1999 May;29(5):673-80. 1999.
15. Sellmeyer DE, Schloetter DE, Schloetter M et al. Potassium citrate prevents urine calcium excretion and bone resorption induced by a high sodium chloride diet. J Clin Endo Metab 2002;87(5):2008-12. 2002.
16. Wood, Rebecca. The Whole Foods Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Prentice-Hall Press; 1988. 1988. PMID:15220.