Our Certified Organic Raw Cacao Butter is in essence the pure oil of the cacao bean. With an extraordinary aroma and texture, Cacao Butter it is the perfect addition to dessert recipes, smoothies, ice creams or any chocolate creation. It is also what white chocolate is made of!
Our Cacao Butter is created through a proprietary cold-pressed method by cold-pressing organic Cacao nibs in such a way that the oil separates from the protein and fiber. Though many other cacao butters are exposed to extremely high temperatures that can exceed 300 degrees Fahrenheit, our Cacao Butter is processed at a temperature that cannot exceed or even reach 118 degrees Fahrenheit. We use a high-accuracy thermometer throughout the entire process and slowly the pure liquid Cacao Butter is sifted into a container where it can properly cool and solidify.
Because our raw organic Cacao Butter is not damaged by high heat, it retains all its natural healing properties. Cocoa Butter contains tocopherols and polyphenols that can suppress free radicals and soothe skin irritations. It can even be applied directly to the skin as a skin moisturizer or massage oil. Cocoa Butter also contains the fatty acid Stearic Acid which may reduce levels of cholesterol in the blood.
Cacao and dark chocolate has been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). But adding milk to chocolate does not help, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the phytochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac), and tryptophan (a natural anti-depressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being.
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa?
The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used inter-changeably.
Our Organic Raw Cacao Butter has a rich, smooth texture that melts easily into any recipe at the low temperature of only 90 degrees Fahrenheit. It is often used it in place of coconut oil in recipes and works wonderfully making chocolate candies and bars. You can even mix it with honey or agave to create home-made chocolate syrup! Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate. Try our Raw Organic Cocoa Butter today and make all your chocolate creations better with butter!
Some possible benefits of our Raw Organic Cacao Butter may include:
● Mood elevating properties
● Helpful for arteriosclerosis
● Natural aphrodisiac
● Dilating blood vessels
● Improving the cellular functioning of those cells lining blood vessels
● Super powerful antioxidant
● Boosting blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
● Supporting a healthy heart
● Lowering the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
● Improving digestion
● Stimulating kidney & bowel function
● Can be used to combat skin problems including eczema, psoriasis & burns
● Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
● Strong stress reliever
● Relaxing muscles
● Increasing insulin sensitivity in healthy persons
● Helping build strong bones & teeth
● Containing more magnesium than any other food
● Lowers blood glucose levels
● Lowers the risk of hardening of the arteries
● Reduces free radicals throughout the body
● May be used to increase breast milk production
● Lowering bad LDL cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol
● Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
● May be helpful in reducing additional neural damage in the case of a stroke
● Reducing blood pressure
● Promoting an overall feeling of euphoria & well being
● Helping to Maintain youthful, beautiful skin, hair, & nails
This product may melt during shipping if it gets warm.
Suggested Use: To melt into recipes, gently warm in a double boiler.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao
Other Names: Cocoa Butter, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, kakao
Ingredients: Raw Organic Cacao Butter.
Origin: Peru - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Cacao Butter is made from organically grown Cacao Beans that pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Organic Cacao Butter packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic raw Cacao Butter in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. "Chemistry Central Journal"; Cacao Seeds Are a "Super Fruit": A Comparative Analysis of Various Fruit Powders and Products; Stephen J. Crozier, et al.; February 2011
2. "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report"; Vital Signs: Prevalence, Treatment, and Control of Hypertension -- United States, 1999-2002 and 2005-2008; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Feb. 4, 2011
3. "British Journal of Nutrition"; Effect of Polyphenol-Rich Dark Chocolate on Fasting Capillary Whole Blood Glucose, Total Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Glucocorticoids in Healthy Overweight and Obese Subjects; Suzana Almoosawi, et al.; March 2010
4. "Prostate"; Risk-Adjusted Incidence Rates for Prostate Cancer in the United States; Ray M. Merrill and Arielle Sloan; May 2, 2011
5. "European Journal of Cancer Prevention"; Protective Effect of Acticoa Powder, A Cocoa Polyphenolic Extract, on Prostate Carcinogenesis in Wistar-Unilever Rats; Jean-Francois Bisson, et al.; February 2008
"Cocoa butter – Britannica Online Encyclopedia". Britannica Encyclopedia article. July 1998. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
6. "Composition of the Cocoa Bean". Hershey Center for Health & Nutrition. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
7. Liendo, Rigel; Fanny C. Padilla and Agricia Quintana (November 1997). "Characterization of cocoa butter extracted from Criollo cultivars of Theobroma cacao L.". Food Research International 30 (9): 727–731. doi:10.1016/S0963-9969(98)00025-8. PMID 11048595
8. El-Saied, Hani M.; M. K. Morsi, and M. M. A. Amer (June 1981). "Composition of cocoa shell fat as related to cocoa butter". Zeitschrift für Ernährungswissenschaft 20 (2): 145–151. doi:10.1007/BF02021260. PMID 7269661
11. The Nibble. "The World’s Best White Chocolate Page 3: Percent Cacao & Cocoa Butter". Retrieved 2009-03-03.
12. Alfred Thomas (2002). Fats and Fatty Oils. "Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry". Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH. doi:10.1002/14356007.a10_173. ISBN 3-527-30673-0.
13. Chew, Norma (24 November 2011). "What Are The Benefits Of Cocoa Butter?". LiveStrong.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
14. Downey, Lillian (23 March 2010). "Uses For Cocoa Butter". LiveStrong. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
15. O'Connor, Anahad (2009-09-15). "The Claim: Cocoa Butter Can Remove Stretch Marks". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-04-30.