Our Certified Organic Raw Cacao Nibs are the original chocolate chip. While removing the shell of a cacao bean, the bean can break into small pieces called nibs. With all the nutritional benefits of whole cacao beans, our Cacao Nibs are an easy and versatile on the go snack.
Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide, arginine, phenethylamine and tryptophan. By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used interchangeably.
Our Cacao nibs are cultivated using only the best in sustainable organic farming practices on small, family owned farms as opposed to large hybrid cacao farms. It is our goal to provide Cacao nibs which are superior in flavor, aroma and health benefits. Our organic cacao nibs are guaranteed to be free of chemicals, herbicides and pesticides and are never machine processed, heated or roasted. No sugar, dairy or anything else; just 100% heirloom organic cacao.
Organic Cacao nibs are a source of the mineral magnesium, essential for supporting heart health, supporting strong bones and healthy blood pressure levels. Cacao beans also contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao may support healthy blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart issues. It has also been shown to be helpful in supporting healthy blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may support youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a source of sulfur which supports healthy skin, nails and hair.
Our Cacao nibs are a truly healthy chocolate. Enjoy them on their own as a crunchy, flavorful snack. Add them to ice cream or fruit smoothies. Mix them with nuts, bananas and dates to create your own trail mix. Or try sweetening them with our organic agave nectar for a sweet, healthy treat. Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate. Try our Raw Organic Cacao Nibs today!
Cacao and dark chocolate has been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). But adding milk to chocolate does not help, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the phytochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Cacao Nibs may include:
● May contain mood supportive properties
● May support the dilation of healthy blood vessels
● May support healthy cellular functioning
● Possibly a super powerful antioxidant
● May support a healthy cardiovascular system
● May support a healthy inflammation response
● May support active digestion
● May encourage healthy kidney & bowel function
● May support the formation of healthy skin
● May support a vital cardiovascular system
● Possibly acts as a strong stress reliever
● May aid in the relaxation of muscles
● May support the building and maintenance of strong bones & teeth
● May contain more magnesium than any other food
● May support healthy blood glucose levels
● May reduce free radicals in the body
● May help with breast milk production
● May support healthy lipid levels
● Possibly shown to improve endothelial function in overweight adults
● May support healthy blood pressure
● May promote an overall feeling of well-being
● May help to maintain youthful skin, hair & nails
● May help athletes to recover from the oxidative stress of strenuous activities
● Natural source of anandamide, phenethylamine, arginine & 300 other natural compounds
Constituents of Cacao Nibs include:
● Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Sulfur
● Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
● Amino Acids: Tryptophan
● Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, PEA (phenylethylalamine), Anandamide, Theobromine, Caffeine, Resveratrol
● Essential Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid
For additional constituent information, visit:
Suggested Use: Eat a small handful of Cacao nibs alone or sweeten with Agave Nectar. Add to ice cream or your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our raw organic Cashews, Coconut Palm sugar and coconut oil to make a crunchy snack.
Botanical Name: Theobroma Cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, Kakaw, Kakao.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Cacao Nibs.
Origin: Grown and harvested in Peru. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Cacao Beans are organically grown and pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Organic Cacao Nibs packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic raw Cacao Nibs in a cool, dark, dry place.