Organic flax seeds are an exceptional source of fiber, lignans, protein, essential fatty acids, omega 3, 6 and 9, vitamins and minerals. Researches also believe lignans to have antioxidant properties. Flax seed has up to 8 times more lignans than other vegetables and grains as well as an assortment of other vitamins and minerals needed for daily health. Flax seed has been known to be beneficial to heart and digestive health. For every 12 grams of flax seeds, you get about 3-4 grams of protein. Flax seeds have no cholesterol and are low in saturated fats.
Our Organic Golden Flax Seeds have a similar nutritional value to brown flax, and are used in the same ways as well. Be sure to grind the seeds so your body can benefit from the low-carb, high fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Ground flaxseed can go rancid at room temperature in as little as one week but whole flax seeds are chemically stable at room temperature and have a long shelf life.
Some possible benefits of our Raw Organic Golden Flax Seeds may include:
● High in Omega 3 fatty acids
● Beneficial for diabetic ulcers
● Supporting normal cardiovascular health
● High in dietary fiber
Organic Golden Flax Seed have a delicious nutty flavor. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons over cereals, shakes, yogurt, salad, fruits, vegetables, casseroles, and baked goods.
Linseed, common flax, Tisi, Alsi.
USA - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Golden Flax Seed are certified organic and pass our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers organic Raw Golden Flax Seed packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Raw Golden Flax Seed in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. Aberg UW, Saarinen N, Abrahamsson A et al. Tamoxifen and flaxseed alter angiogenesis regulators in normal human breast tissue in vivo. PLoS One. 2011; 6(9):e25720. Epub 2011 Sep 30. 2011.
2. Aliani M, Ryland D, and Pierce GN. Effect of flax addition on the flavor profile of muffins and snack bars. Food Research International, Volume 44, Issue 8, October 2011, Pages 2489-2496. 2011.
3. Caroprese M, Marzano A, Marino R et al. Flaxseed supplementation improves fatty acid profile of cow milk. Journal of Dairy Science, Volume 93, Issue 6, June 2010, Pages 2580-2588. 2010.
4. Chahal N, McCrindle B, Manlhiot C et al. aA 4-week randomized clinical trial of flaxseed supplementation in children with hypercholesterolemia. Canadian Journal of Cardiology, Volume 27, Issue 5, Supplement, September–October 2011, Page S339. 2011.
5. Dodin S, Cunnane SC, Masse B et al. Flaxseed on cardiovascular disease markers in healthy menopausal women: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Nutrition, Volume 24, Issue 1, January 2008, Pages 23-30. 2008.
6. Faintuch J, Bortolotto LA, Marques PC et al. Systemic inflammation and carotid diameter in obese patients: pilot comparative study with flaxseed powder and cassava powder. Nutr Hosp. 2011 Jan-Feb;26(1):208-13. 2011.
7. Fukumitsu S, Aida K, Shimizu H et al. Flaxseed lignan lowers blood cholesterol and decreases liver disease risk factors in moderately hypercholesterolemic men. Nutrition Research, Volume 30, Issue 7, July 2010, Pages 441-446. 2010.
8. Hallund J, Tetens I, Bugel S et al. The effect of a lignan complex isolated from flaxseed on inflammation markers in healthy postmenopausal women. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, Volume 18, Issue 7, September 2008, Pages 497-502. 2008.
9. Ibrugger S, Kristensen M, Mikkelsen MS et al. Flaxseed dietary fiber supplements for suppression of appetite and food intake. Appetite, Volume 58, Issue 2, April 2012, Pages 490-495. 2012.
10. Kristensen M, Jensen MG, Aarestrup J et al. Flaxseed dietary fibers lower cholesterol and increase fecal fat excretion, but magnitude of effect depend on food type. Nutrition & Metabolism 9.1 (2012). 2012.
11. Landete JM. Plant and mammalian lignans: A review of source, intake, metabolism, intestinal bacteria and health. Food Research International, Volume 46, Issue 1, April 2012, Pages 410-424. 2012.
12. Leyva DR, Zahradka P, Ramjiawan B et al. The effect of dietary flaxseed on improving symptoms of cardiovascular disease in patients with peripheral artery disease: Rationale and design of the FLAX-PAD randomized controlled trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials, Volume 32, Issue 5, September 2011, Pages 724-730. 2011.
13. Madhusudhan B. Potential Benefits of Flaxseed in Health and Disease - A Perspective. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus (ACS) Year: 2009 Vol: 74 Issue: 2 Pages/record No.: 67-72. 2009.
15. Morais D de C, Moraes EA, Dantas MI de S et al. Heat Treatment and Thirty-Day Storage Period Do Not Affect the Stability of Omega-3 Fatty Acid in Brown Flaxseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Whole Flour. Food and Nutrition Sciences 2. 4 (Jun 2011): 281-286. 2011.
16. Moriarty S. Omega-3s from Whole-Food Flaxseed. Cereal Foods World 51. 5 (Sep/Oct 2006): 257-259. 2006.
17. Nassu RT, Dugan MER, He ML et al. The effects of feeding flaxseed to beef cows given forage based diets on fatty acids of longissimus thoracis muscle and backfat. Meat Science, Volume 89, Issue 4, December 2011, Pages 469-477. 2011.
18. Oomah BD, Der TJ, and Godfrey DV. Thermal characteristics of flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.) proteins. Food . Food Chemistry, Volume 98, Issue 4, 2006, Pages 733-741. 2006.
19. Patenaude A, Rodriguez-leyva D, Edel AL et al. Bioavailability of [alpha]-linolenic acid from flaxseed diets as a function of the age of the subject. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition63. 9 (Sep 2009): 1123-9. 2009.
20. Patterson RE. Flaxseed and breast cancer: what should we tell our patients?. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Oct 1;29(28):3723-4. Epub 2011 Sep 6. 2011.
21. Perez-jimenez J, Neveu V, Vos F et al. . Identification of the 100 richest dietary sources of polyphenols: an application of the Phenol-Explorer database. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 64. S3 (Nov 2010): S112-20. 2010.
22. Pruthi S, Thompson SL, Novotny PJ et al. Pilot evaluation of flaxseed for the management of hot flashes. J Soc Integr Oncol 2007; 5(3):106-12. 2007.
23. Rodriguez-Leyva D, Bassett CMC, McCullough R et al. The cardiovascular effects of flaxseed and its omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid. Canadian Journal of Cardiology, Volume 26, Issue 9, November 2010, Pages 489-496. 2010.
24. Sainvitu P, Nott K, Richard G et al. Structure, properties and obtention routes of flaxseed lignan secoisolariciresinol: a review. Biotechnologie, Agronomie, Societe et Environnement 2012, 16(1): 115-124. 2012.
25. Simbalista RL, Sauerbronn AV, Aldrighi JM et al. Consumption of a Flaxseed-Rich Food Is Not More Effective Than a Placebo in Alleviating the Climacteric Symptoms of Postmenopausal Women. The Journal of Nutrition140. 2 (Feb 2010): 293-7. 2010.
26. Smith VH and Jimmerson J. Flaxseed. Briefing No. 56. (Nov). Agricultural Marketing Policy Center, Montana State Univesity, Bozeman, MT. 2005. 2005.
27. Sturgeon SR, Volpe SL, Puleo E et al. Dietary intervention of flaxseed: effect on serum levels of IGF-1, IGF-BP3, and C-peptide. Nutr Cancer. 2011;63(3):376-80. 2011.
28. Tarpila S, Aro A, Salminen I et al. The effect of flaxseed supplementation in processed foods on serum fatty acids and enterolactone. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition56. 2 (Feb 2002): 157-65. 2002.
29. Taylor CG, Noto AD, Stringer DM et al. Dietary milled flaxseed and flaxseed oil improve N-3 fatty acid status and do not affect glycemic control in individuals with well-controlled type 2 diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr. 2010 Feb;29(1):72-80. 2010.
30. Wu H, Pan A, Yu Z et al. Lifestyle Counseling and Supplementation with Flaxseed or Walnuts Influence the Management of Metabolic Syndrome. The Journal of Nutrition 140. 11 (Nov 2010): 1937-42. 2010.
31. Young R and Ardith B. Flaxseed supplementation improved insulin resistance in obese glucose intolerant people: a randomized crossover design. Nutrition Journal Year: 2011 Vol: 10 Issue: 1 Pages/record No.: 44. 2011.
32. Available at: www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52040. Accessed July 9, 2007.
33. Psota TL, Gebauer SK, Kris-Etherton P. Dietary omega-3 fatty acid intake and cardiovascular risk. Am J Cardiol. 2006 Aug 21;98(4A):3i-18i.
34. Donaldson MS. Nutrition and cancer: a review of the evidence for an anti-cancer diet. Nutr J. 2004 Oct 20;3:19.
35. Tham DM, Gardner CD, Haskell WL. Clinical review 97: Potential health benefits of dietary phytoestrogens: a review of the clinical, epidemiological, and mechanistic evidence. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Jul;83(7):2223-35.
36. Dahl WJ, Lockert EA, Cammer AL, Whiting SJ. Effects of flax fiber on laxation and glycemic response in healthy volunteers. J Med Food. 2005;8(4):508-11.
37. Available at: http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/english/index.php?p=g1&mp=nutrition. Accessed May 15, 2008.
38. Available at: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20A1.html. Accessed May 15, 2008.
39. Available at: www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c209M.html. Accessed May 15, 2008.
40. Patade A, Devareddy L, Lucas EA, Korlagunta K, Daggy BP, Arjmandi BH. Flaxseed reduces total and LDL cholesterol concentrations in Native American postmenopausal women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2008 Apr;17(3):355-66.
41. Mandasescu S, Mocanu V, Dascalita AM, et al. Flaxseed supplementation in hyperlipidemic patients. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2005 Jul;109(3):502-6.
42. Stark A, Madar Z. Phytoestrogens: a review of recent findings. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2002 May;15(5):561-72.
43. Thompson LU, Chen JM, Li T, Strasser-Weippl K, Goss PE. Dietary flaxseed alters tumor biological markers in postmenopausal breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 May 15;11(10):3828-35.
44. Hedelin M, Klint A, Chang ET, et al. Dietary phytoestrogen, serum enterolactone and risk of prostate cancer: the cancer prostate Sweden study (Sweden). Cancer Causes Control. 2006 Mar;17(2):169-80.
45. Pruthi S, Thompson SL, Novotny PJ, et al. Pilot evaluation of flaxseed for the management of hot flashes. J Soc Integr Oncol. 2007;5(3):106-12.
53. Available at: www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20p1.html. Accessed February 15, 2007.