This pinkish salt is mined from ancient sea beds inside the Himalayan mountains. It is completely unrefined and comes to you in its raw, natural form. This salt was formed over 200 million years ago in the primeval sea where the first signs of life formed in the mineral rich water.
Ancient, beautiful and mysterious, Himalayan salt is one of the most valued elements on Earth and hails from the valleys and rivers which lie deep within the Himalayan Mountain Range. It has been coveted for centuries due to its beauty, rich mineral content and versatility.
Himalayan salt is incredibly rare in appearance, texture, history and usage. This amazing salt carries a vast array of benefits when used in the bath and with food. It softens the skin, soothes aches and pains and contains up to 84 minerals that balance and support a healthy detoxification response in the body. Himalayan salt is the one of the purest, most natural salts in the world. This pinkish salt is mined from ancient sea beds inside the Himalayan mountains. It is completely unrefined and comes to you in its raw, natural form. This salt was formed over 200 million years ago in the primeval sea where the first signs of life formed in the mineral rich water. Due to its location and how it was formed; it is extremely pure and free of contaminants or pollutants. It gains its pink color from the high content of iron. It also contains trace amounts of 84 minerals and elements including potassium, magnesium, calcium, iodine, zinc and sodium.
Since many of these elements naturally occur within our bodies and the environment, they are easily absorbed and utilized on a cellular level. This is why Himalayan salt is popular both as a food and as a bath salt. As salt goes, it is incredibly healthy and carries a variety of benefits.
Recent research suggests that natural unrefined salt, like our Himalayan salt, could be better than anything else (including calcium) for bone health. Bones are made of at least a dozen minerals which must be in perfect proportions to have healthy bones and a nourished body.
Some of the possible traditional uses of Himalayan Salt may include:
● May support bone health
● May support a healthy mood
● May aid the regulation of water content throughout the body
● May support the body's ability to carry nutrients to cells
● May support a healthy pH balance in cells, particularly brain cells
● May support vascular health
● May support healthy blood sugar levels
● May support healthy sleep patterns
● May allow fluids to pass in & out of cells
● May aid the generation of hydroelectric energy
● May support the healthy absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract
● Possibly supports respiratory health
● May support various metabolic reactions in the body
● Possibly helps to prevent muscle cramps
● May support healthy sinuses
● May help nerve cells to transfer information
● Essential for supporting healthy blood pressure levels when combined with water
Suggested Use: Add a dash to any recipe in place of table salt. Used externally, it works great as a bath salt or mild exfoliant for the skin.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile add a pinch to any shake or smoothie. This will accentuate the flavor of your smoothie.
Grain Size: Medium (2-3mm).
Ingredients: Himalayan Salt.
Origin: Harvested in Pakistan. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
ZNaturalFoods.com offers Medium Grain Gourmet Himalayan Salt packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it to keep the Himalayan salt moisture free. Keep your Medium Grain Gourmet Himalayan Salt in a cool, dark, dry place.