Our raw organic Irish moss grows wild in the pristine and protected oceans off the coast of Canada. Known by many different names such as pearl moss and carragheen, Irish moss is a unique herb with many health benefits. This North Atlantic seaweed is edible and has mucilaginous substance as part of its yield which is what gives it the inherent medicinal qualities.
Irish moss (chondrus crispus, carrageen) is full of electrolyte minerals - calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Its mucilaginous compounds help you detoxify, boost metabolism and strengthen hair, skin and nails. Traditionally used for a low sex drive. The wonder seaweed may have positive benefits for a number of health conditions such as the formation of varicose veins, halitosis, inflammation and dysentery. Irish moss has also been used as an emollient. Raw Irish moss can also have positive effects on hyper tension, arteriosclerosis, and protection against fat.
Raw Organic Irish moss is a seaweed and a great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine increase risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter: a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck. The natural Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine from Irish moss is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Further Irish moss helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also boosts the immune system.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may be used to protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine. But Potassium iodide (KI) would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine.
The application of Irish moss on the skin helps to enhance its natural moisture barrier. It keeps all sorts of harmful external elements that will harm the skin outside while leaving the beneficial moisture inside. With constant regulated use of Irish moss the skin develops better moisture retention and the ability to retain essential lipids as well. Overall the skin develops a healthy glow and appearance when treated with Irish moss.
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Irish Moss powder may include:
● Great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
● Ability to scavenge chemicals, drugs, heavy metals & radioisotopes throughout the body
● Reducing formation of varicose veins
● Combating halitosis
● Protecting against obesity
● Deterring cholesterol build up in the body
● Polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative diseases
● Fighting peptic & duodenal ulcers
● One of the richest plant sources of calcium
● Boosting metabolism
● Improving many bladder disorders
● Containing mucilaginous compounds help you detoxify
● Helping to inhibit arteriosclerosis
● More vitamin C than oranges
● Good natural source of vitamin K
● Strengthening hair, skin & nails
● Reducing coagulation of the blood
● Reducing hyper tension
● Supporting recovery from cancer & radiation poisoning
● High mineral content, especially: iodine, calcium, iron, magnesium
● Strengthens an underactive thyroid
● May be used as an emollient
● Excellent source of bioavailable iron
● May play a role in lowering risk of estrogen-related problems
● Anti-viral, anticoagulant, & antithrombotic properties
● Contains fucoidans which may have anti-inflammatory benefits
● Natural source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multi-faceted role in regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
Naturally mineral rich, powdered raw Irish moss can be easily included in practically any dish. Sprinkle it on entrees, soups and salads. Or add it to smoothies, teas and iced drinks.
Suggested Use: Take 1/4 teaspoon 1 - 3 times daily.
Botanical Name: Chrondrus crispus
Other Names: Carrageen Moss, pearl moss
Origin: Canada - Organic Wildcrafted
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Wildcrafted Irish Moss powder is Certified Organic and passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers raw Organic Irish Moss powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your wildcrafted organic Irish Moss powder in a cool, dark, dry place.