Unlike many coconut oils on the market, our raw centrifuged organic extra virgin coconut oil comes from fresh coconuts that do not undergo a refining process. Many coconut oils go through either the quick drying or wet-milling processes to extract the oil from the coconut. Instead, we use centrifugal extraction to derive the oil from the coconut. This method of extraction requires no heat at all and produces a raw organic virgin coconut oil that is absolutely amazing!
Our raw organic coconuts are harvested at the perfect age and are processed the same day on the same USDA certified organic coconut plantation where they are grown. The coconuts are de-husked and grated, and the fresh coconut meat is centrifuged to extract the oil. This process preserves the live enzymes, lauric acid, and all the other immune system building nutrients. Except for picking and opening the nut, there is little human handling in our process. Stainless steel mechanical equipment is used in order to provide a sanitary controlled environment in the processing plant. The coconut oil is strained and immediately bottled. No chemicals or preservatives are added. You only get pure unadulterated organic virgin coconut oil.
Organic raw extra virgin coconut oil is known throughout the world for its nutritional value and exciting flavor. You will love ours! It is created through the centrifuge extraction, of freshly picked coconuts. This process creates a mild, sweet oil with a light coconut taste that is smooth and delicious. Best of all it is certified organic. It's wonderful by the spoon as a supplement, as a salad dressing oil, or as one of the best oils on the market for cooking.
Raw organic Coconut oil is of special interest because it possesses healing properties far beyond that of any other dietary oil and is extensively used in traditional medicine among Asian and Pacific populations. Pacific Islanders consider coconut oil to be the cure for all illness. The coconut palm is so highly valued by them as both a source of food and medicine that it is called "The Tree of Life."
In the past coconut oil was believed to be unhealthy due to it's high saturated fat content. However, it has now been proven that fat contained in coconut is unlike any other fat on Earth and has high nutritional value. Why is Coconut Oil Different? Coconut oil has a unique fat molecule; this is what makes this oil different from most fats we consume. The Coconut Research Center explains, "The vast majority of fats and oils in our diets, whether they are saturated or unsaturated or come from animals or plants, are composed of long-chain fatty acids (LCFA). Some 98 to 100% of all the fatty acids you consume are LCFA." Coconut oil is known to have MCFA or medium-chain fatty acids, also referred to as MCT or medium-chain triglycerides. MCFA are metabolized by the human body differently because of their size; unlike the saturated and unsaturated fats in vegetable oils, eggs, milk and meats, which contain LCFA, coconut oil is a rare dietary source of MCFA and therefore highly beneficial to the body and overall health. Only recently has modern medical science unlocked the secrets to coconut's amazing healing powers.
A recent double-blind clinical trial put coconut oil to the test against soybean oil. In the featured 12-week long study, researchers evaluated the effects of coconut oil and soybean oil on the biochemical profiles and waist circumference on 40 obese women, aged 20-40. Belly fat, known as visceral fat, is the type of fat linked to heart disease, diabetes and stroke, among many other chronic diseases.
Divided into two groups of 20 participants each, the women received a daily supplement of 30ml (about two tablespoons) of either soybean oil or coconut oil. They also followed a balanced low-calorie diet, and walked for 50 minutes per day. These are the results at the end of the clinical trial:
The coconut oil group presented:
The soybean oil group presented:
- Increased levels of HDL (good cholesterol)
- Decreased LDL/HDL ratio
- Reduced waist circumference/abdominal obesity
- Increased total cholesterol
- Increased LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Increased LDL/HDL ratio
- Decreased HDL (good cholesterol)
- No reduction in waist circumference/abdominal obesity
The authors concluded:
"It appears that dietetic supplementation with coconut oil does not cause dyslipidemia (an abnormal amount of cholesterol and/or fat in your blood) and seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity."
The presence of lauric acid in coconut oil is another reason it is known for having super nutritional value. Lauric acid is a fatty acid also found in human breast milk, palm kernel oil, and bay leaf. The article, How a PR Campaign Led to Unhealthy Diets
by Beatrice Trum Hunter, published in the August 2003 issue of Consumer's Research, volume 86 no. 8, states, "researchers demonstrated that coconut oil reduces the risk of atherosclerosis, heart disease, cancer, and other degenerative conditions. It helps prevent bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, as a result of its antimicrobial component, lauric acid, which is found solely in coconut oil, palm kernel oil, bay leaf, and in breast milk."
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Coconut Oil may include:
- May offer profound benefits in the fight against Alzheimer's disease because of your bodies production of ketone bodies during digestion
- Improving digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, & amino acids
- Reducing waist circumference/abdominal obesity & promoting healthy weight loss
- Not forming harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like almost all other vegetable oils
- Supporting your immune system health
- Boosting energy & endurance
- Killing viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, & other illnesses
- Killing bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease & cavities, pneumonia, & gonorrhea, & other diseases
- Killing fungi & yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, & other infections
- Expelling or killing tapeworms, lice, giardia, & other parasites
- Providing you with an immediate energy source
- Supporting tissue healing & repair
- Supporting the proper functioning of your thyroid gland
- Improving insulin secretion & utilization of blood glucose
- Relieving stress on pancreas & enzyme systems of the body
- Reducing symptoms associated with pancreatitis
- Helping relieve symptoms & reduce health risks associated with diabetes
- Reducing problems associated with malabsorption syndrome & cystic fibrosis
- Improves calcium & magnesium absorption & supports the development of strong bones & teeth
- Helping protect against osteoporosis
- Helping relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease
- Relieving symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, & stomach ulcers
- Improving digestion & bowel function
- Relieving pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids
- Reducing inflammation
- Supporting & aiding immune system function
- Heart healthy; Increasing levels of HDL (good cholesterol) & decreasing LDL/HDL ratio reducing risk of heart disease
- Protecting arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis & thus protects against heart disease
- Helping prevent periodontal disease & tooth decay
- Functioning as a protective antioxidant
- Helping to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging & degenerative disease
- Never depleting the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do
- Improving utilization of essential fatty acids & protects them from oxidation
- Helping to relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
- Relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
- Reducing epileptic seizures
- Helping to protect against kidney disease & bladder infections
- Dissolving kidney stones
- Helping protect against liver problems
- Lower in calories than all other fats
- Helping protect the body from breast, colon, & other cancers
- Promoting loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate
- Being utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats
- Helping prevent obesity and overweight problems
- Topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection
- Reducing symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, & dermatitis
- Supporting the natural chemical balance of the skin
- Softening skin & helping to relieve dryness & flaking
- Reducing wrinkles, sagging skin, & age spots
- Promoting healthy looking hair & complexion
- Providing protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun
- Helping control dandruff
- No harmful or discomforting side effects
- Completely non-toxic to humans
- Preventing protein loss in hair thus repairing & reversing damage to hair when used as a pre-wash & post-wash grooming product
Centrifuged Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is believed to be the most nutritious form of coconut oil available and it is also the most delicious. Try our wonderful raw organic coconut oil and we know you'll love it!
For optimal taste, purity and freshness, we package our organic coconut oil in glass bottles.
Take by the spoon full as a supplement or use as a salad dressing oil or as a great cooking oil.
Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Vietnam - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. ZNaturalFoods.com offers raw organic coconut oil in a glass bottle. Keep your Organic raw coconut oil in a dark place protected from sunlight.References:
1. Natural Standard Monograph; Palm Oil; Christopher Chan; 2011
2. "The Journal of Nutrition"; Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Lauric Acid Results in a More Favorable Serum Lipid Profile in Healthy Men and Women than Consumption of a Solid Fat Rich in Trans-fatty Acids; Nicole M. deRoos; February 2001
3. European Food Safety Authority Journal; "Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Sucrose Esters of Fatty Acids..."; 2010
4. The AOCS Lipid Library; Commodity Oils and Fats - Palmkernel and Coconut Oils; February 2011
5. "Harvard Health Letter"; Ask the Doctor: I Have Started Noticing More Coconut Oil at the Grocery Store...; Walter Willett; May 2011
6. Beccari, O. The origin and dispersal of cocos nucifera. The Philippine journal of science, C. Botany, v.7, Jan. 1917: 27- 43. http://cocos.arecaceae.com/beccari.pdf
7. Davidson, Alan. Coconut in Penguin companion to food. New York, Penguin Reference, c2002. p. 239-241.
8. Duke, James A. Cocos nucifera L. in Handbook of nuts. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press, c2001. p. 100-109.
9. Hill, Arthur W. The original home and mode of dispersal of the coconut. Nature, v. 124, July 27, 1929: 133-134, 151-153.
10. Macbean, Valerie. Coconut cookery: a practical cookbook encompassing innovative uses of the tropical drupe Cocus nucifera, accompanied by assorted information and anecdotes ranging from hard data to the frankly frivolous. Berkeley, Frog Ltd., North Atlantic Books, c2001. 198 p.
11. Modern coconut management: palm cultivation and products. Edited by J. G. Ohler. London, Intermediate Technology Publications, 1999. 458 p.
12. Rosengarten, Frederic Jr. Coconuts in The book of edible nuts. Mineola, NY, Dover Publications, 2004. p. 65-93.
13. Woodroof, Jasper Guy. Coconuts: production, processing, products. Westport, CT, AVI Publishing Co., 1970. 241 p.