Organic raw Spirulina is a type of live blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. It is considered live because it can make its own food without needing living energy or an organic carbon source. It has been consumed for thousands of years by Mexican (Aztecs, Mayans), African, and Asian peoples.
Spirulina has been used since ancient times as a source of nutrients and has been said to possess a variety of possible medicinal uses. Spirulina algae promotes liveliness in many ways. It may support a healthy immune system response, boost protection from oxidative stress and possibly support a healthy inflammatory response in the body. Scientific studies also propose that it may be especially good for supporting a healthy brain, heart, immune system and various bodily functions. Spirulina contains a surprising variation of nutrients, including chlorophyll, protein, vitamins, major minerals, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), polysaccharides, and a huge assortment of antioxidants. Spirulina is such a rich source of nutrition that it is believed by some that you could exist on spirulina alone for quite some time.
Spirulina likes to grow in hot, alkaline environments. This helps to ensure it’s hygienic status, as no other organism can survive in the polluted waters that spirulina thrives in. Spirulina is in fact one of the cleanest, most naturally sterile foods found in nature. Its adaptivity to heat also assures that spirulina retains its nutritional value when subjected to high temperatures during processing and shelf storage. This is unlike many other plant foods that rapidly deteriorate at high temperatures. Spirulina algae is also unusual among algae because it is a "nuclear plant"; meaning it is on the developmental cusp between plant and animal. It is considered somewhat above plantlife because it does not have the hard cellulose membranes that are characteristic of plant cells, nor does it have a well defined nucleus. This allows it to be highly digestible in comparison with other algaes such as chlorella.
Organic raw spirulina is a type of live blue-green algae and a natural source of small quantities of natural iodine. Iodine is an essential chemical element, used in the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Iodine deficiency can lead to an increased risk of pediatric cretinism, mental slowness, lethargy, fatigue, depression, high lipid levels, weight gain and goiter. Natural sources of iodine, like that found in spirulina, is absorbed by the body more slowly and safely than synthetic iodine. Furthermore, spirulina possibly helps to promote an alkaline pH balance and support a healthy immune system.
Our Raw Spirulina is organically cultivated far from industrial centers at a GMP and ISO 9001 certified facility located on the lush and pristine Hainan island in the South China Sea.
Nutritional statistics of Raw Organic Spirulina:
● Holds more nutrition per gram than any other product in the world!
● A 3 gram serving has the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits & vegetables combined
● Contains 300% more calcium than whole milk
● Great for bones, osteoporosis, pediatric development and dietary needs for vegans
● Has 3900% more beta carotene than carrots (a powerful antioxidant that supports a healthy immune system and eyesight)
● Contains 375% more protein than tofu (a necessary building block for muscle tissue and growth)
● Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing the potential health benefits of spirulina
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Spirulina may include:
● Highly digestible & gentle on system
● May support a healthy immune system response
● Rare food source of the essential fatty acid GLA
● May support a healthy inflammatory response
● May support a healthy detoxification response
● High in vitamin B-12 & easy-to-absorb iron
● May support optimal cardiovascular health
● May support healthy brain function
● A natural source for RNA
● May support healthy blood sugar levels
● May stimulate healthy heart function
● Natural source of iodine / potassium iodide (KI)
● May help to maintain normal blood pressure levels
● May support healthy liver function
● A natural source of antioxidants
● May have antiviral and antineoplastic properties
● May support healthy energy level & cellular health
● May support healthy pH levels
Constituents of Spirulina include:
Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
Fatty Acids: Palmitic acid, Linoleic acid, Alpha-linolenic acid, stearidonic acid (SDA), Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), oic Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), Arachidonic acid (AA)
Phytochemicals: Chlorophyll, Phycocyanin, Chlorophyll-a, Xanthophyll, Echinenone, Myxoxanthophyll, Canthaxanthin, Diatoxanthin, 3'-hydroxyechinenone, Beta-cryptoxanthin, Oscillaxanthin, Phycobiliproteins(c-phycocyanin and allophycocyanin)
Suggested Use: Take 6 - 12 tablets daily.
Botanical Name: Arthrospira Platensis.
Common Name: Spirulina, dihe, tecuitlatl, Blue-Green Algae.
Parts Used: Whole, Spirulina.
Ingredients: Raw Spirulina.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Spirulina tablets are certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals, and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Raw Spirulina Tablets are packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Raw Organic Spirulina Tablets in a cool, dark, dry place.