The nutrition in our Organic Raw Sushi Nori lies in its high protein content as well as vitamins and mineral salts, especially iodine. Nori is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and trace minerals. And when compared with plants that grow on land, seaweed or sea vegetables from the ocean, are 20 times more nutrient-dense. The Vitamin C content is about 1.5 times that of oranges and 75% of the protein and carbohydrates are digestible by humans which is very high for seaweeds. It's great for sushi, but also makes a good snack just by itself.
Raw Organic Sushi Nori is a seaweed and a great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine increase risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter: a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck. The natural Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine from Sushi Nori is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Further Sushi Nori helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also boosts the immune system.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may be used to protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine. But Potassium iodide (KI) would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine.
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Sushi Nori sheets may include:
● Great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
● Ability to scavenge chemicals, drugs, heavy metals, & radioisotopes throughout the body
● Improving circulation
● Protecting against obesity
● Deterring cholesterol build up in the body & clearing the plaque in your arteries
● Polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative diseases
● Reducing inflammation
● Helping normalizing blood pressure
● Boosting metabolism
● Improving many bladder disorders
● Helping to inhibit arteriosclerosis
● More vitamin C than oranges
● High in vitamin A which supports healthy eyesight
● Improving kidney function
● Good natural source of vitamin K
● Reducing inflamed joints & tissue
● Reducing hyper tension
● Supporting recovery from cancer & radiation poisoning
● Strengthens an underactive thyroid
● Excellent source of bioavailable iron
● May play a role in lowering risk of estrogen-related problems
● Cholesterol-lowering effects
● Anti-viral, anticoagulant, & antithrombotic properties
● Contains fucoidans which may have anti-inflammatory benefits
● Natural source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multi-faceted role in regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
Best Raw Sushi Nori Rolls:
Place several sheets on a flat surface. Cut your favorite raw veggies into small pieces or long strips and place the across the middle of the nori sheets. Spread nut/seed pate (soak seeds then blend with lemon, spices and water). Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing. Then roll the nori sheet tightly over the contents and moisten the edge with water to seal. Cut in 2 or more pieces and serve with dipping sauce. These rolls can be refrigerated.
Botanical Name: Porphyra yezoensis
Other Names: Nori sushi, nori sheets, sushi sheets, nori roll
Origin: China - Certified Organic
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Sushi Nori Sheets are certified organic and pass our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants.