Tongkat ali, also known as pasak bumi or longjack, is a root traditionally used in Southeast Asia to increase libido and sexual performance. Tongkat ali is thought to work by naturally increasing free testosterone levels. Other reported effects include decreased body fat, increased muscle mass, increased energy, enhanced immune system and mental clarity. Both men and women can experience the remarkable benefits of this amazing herb.
For centuries, people of Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand have used the Tongkat ali (longjack) root as a powerful aphrodisiac and the powder of this root is still widely used in these countries today. This is a sought after supplement for athletes and bodybuilders due to its ability to increase testosterone in the blood by releasing metabolically inactive testosterone from binding proteins. Unbound or free testosterone typically makes up only about 2% of the testosterone in the bloodstream, so even minor changes in free testosterone levels can have a profound impact.
Testosterone is one of the most important hormones in both men and women's bodies. Benefits of tongkat ali for men include: increased libido and sexual performance, longer harder erections, increased muscle mass and muscle tone, reduced body fat and increased sperm count. Although women's testosterone levels may only be 10% of a man's, it's function is critical in maintaining overall health and hormonal balance. Women who take tongkat ali (longjack) typically experience increased sexual desire and sensitivity, increased energy, improved muscle tone and bone density, reduced body fat, and relief from menstrual symptoms.
Other reported benefits of tongkat ali root include boosting energy levels. Tongkat ali works to increase levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) the chemical responsible for nearly all energy production in the body. Tongkat ali also supports healthy lipids levels in the blood acting to increase levels of high density lipoproteins and good cholesterol (HDL Cholesterol). Tongkat ali may also be useful for increasing levels of the human growth hormone which naturally decline as we age.
Some possible benefits of our raw Tongkat Ali powder may include:
● Increasing libido & sexual function
● Increasing muscle mass
● Increasing levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
● Boosting energy levels
● Promoting healthy lipid levels
● Reducing body fat
● Elevating mood
● Anti-aging qualities
Our Tongkat Ali Powder comes from sustainably harvested trees natively grown in Indonesia. No chemicals or pesticides are used in the cultivation. Our tongkat ali powder is a pure whole herb powder - not an extract powder.
Suggested Use: Take 1 - 2 teaspoons daily. Take straight or steep 1 teaspoon in 6 ounces of boiling water for 10 minutes.
Botanical Name: Eurycoma Longifolia
Other Names: Longjack, pasak bumi, Malaysian ginseng, Eurycoma Longifolia, penawar pahit, bedara pahit, bedara putih, bedara merah, hempedu pahit, payung ali, tongkat baginda, muntah bumi, akar jangat semang, tongkat rasul, setunjang bumi, Babi kurus, Tungke ali, Phiak, Tung saw, Tho nan, Antong sar, antoung sar
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Tongkat ali powder passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers raw Tongkat ali packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your raw Tongkat ali powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. Mohd. Noh, J., Muhamad Ghawas, M. and Musa, Y. (2005). Tongkat ali (Eurycoma Longifolia Jack). In: Penanaman tumbuhan ubatan & beraroma. (Musa Y., Muhammad Ghawas, M. and Mansor, P., ed.), Pg. 95-101, Serdang: MARDI
2. Musa, Y., Mansor, P. and Ramli, M. (2005). Pertumbuhan dan prestasi hasil akar tongkat ali di bawah sistem tanaman terbuka di KESEDAR Mengkebang. Buletin Teknol. Tanaman. 2:27-33
3. Anon. 2002. Compendium of Medicinal Plants Used in Malaysia (Vol. 1), Pg. 337, Bangi : HMRC-IMR
4. Kamarudin Mat-Salleh and Latiff, A. (editor). 2002. Tumbuhan Ubatan Malaysia. Pg. 485, Bangi : UKM
5. Musa, Y. Azimah, K. and Zaharah, H. 2009. Tumbuhan Ubatan Popular Malaysia. Pg 203, Serdang : MARDI
6. Wiart, C. 2002. Medicinal Plants of South East Asia. Pg 190, Kuala Lumpur : Pearson Malaysia Sdn Bhd