These raw California grown walnuts are the finest quality nuts available, bursting with crunchy, all natural mouthwatering flavor. Walnuts had been considered too fatty to be a healthy snack, but the latest scientific evidence suggest that the nuts actually lower blood cholesterol levels and are heart healthy. 90 percent of the fats in walnuts are unsaturated, and the nuts are high in protein, fiber, calcium,
magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and other antioxidants.
Some possible benefits of our raw Walnuts may include:
Omega-3 essential fatty acids - Has many potential health benefits ranging from cardiovascular protection, to the promotion of better cognitive function, to anti-inflammatory benefits helpful in asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
Omega- 6 essential fatty acid - Compliments omega-3 essential fatty acid to improve its functionality within the body, assisting the above mentioned conditions as well as helping to prevent ADHD (Attention Deficit /Hyper Activity Disorder), Anorexia Nervosa, Menopausal symptoms, PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) and Allergies.
Ellagic and gallic acid - Supports the immune system and appears to have several anti-cancer properties.
Monounsaturated fats - Produces favorable effects on high cholesterol levels and other cardiovascular risk factors.
Polyphenols - Walnuts have about 16 polyphenols, with antioxidant activity so protective that it is described as "remarkable."
Alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) - Lowers levels of C-reactive protein, increases levels of protective omega-3s.
Manganese & Copper - These two minerals that are essential cofactors in a number of enzymes important in antioxidant defenses.
Suggested Uses: Eat by the handful. Add to homemade trail mixes, recipes or desserts.
Botanical Name: Juglans regia
Other Names: Persian Walnut, English Walnut
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Walnuts pass our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Walnuts packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Raw Walnuts in a cool, dark, dry place.
1. Heisey, R.M. and B.K. Gorham. 1992. Antimicrobial effects of plant extracts on Streptococcus mutans, Candida albicans, Trichophyton rubrum and other micro-organisms. Lett Appl Microbiol 14:136–139
2. The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) Revision Service Official Compendium. 1992. Fairfax, VA: Pharmacopoeia Convention of the American Institute of Homeopathy
3. Karnick, C.R. 1994. Pharmacopoeial Standards of Herbal Plants, Vol. 1. Delhi: Sri Satguru Publications. 205–206
4. Meyer-Buchtela, E. 1999. Tee-Rezepturen—Ein Handbuch für Apotheker und Ärzte. Stuttgart: Deutscher Apotheker Verlag
5. Nadkarni, K.M. 1976. Indian Materia Medica. Bombay: Popular Prakashan. 709
6. Nahrstedt, A., U. Vetter, F.J. Hammerschmidt. 1981. Zur kenntnis des wasserdampfdestillates der blätter von Juglans regia [Composition of the steam distillation product from the leaves of Juglans regia ]. Planta Med 42(4):313–332
7. Okada, T.A., E. Roberts, A.F. Brodie. 1967. Mitotic abnormalities produced by juglone in Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 126(2):583–588
8. Roth, J.H. (ed.). 1993. In: Hänsel, R. Teedrogen, Pharmazeutisches Ring Taschenbuch Kap. 10. Stuttgart: Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft
9. Trease, G.E. and W.C. Evans. 1989. Trease and Evans' Pharmacognosy, 13th ed. London; Philadelphia: Baillière Tindall
10. Uphof, J.C. 1968. Dictionary of Economic Plants, 2nd ed. New York: Verlag von J. Cramer. 289–290
11. Weiss, R.F. 1988. Herbal Medicines . Beaconsfield, England: Beaconsfield Publishers. 332
12. Bhargava, U.C. and B.A. Westfall. 1968. Antitumor activity of Juglans nigra (black walnut) extractives. J Pharm Sci 57(10):1674–1677
13. Hutchens, A. 1991. Indian Herbology of North America . Boston: Shambala
14. Osman, N.A., S.M. Gaafar, M. Salah el-Din, G.M. Wassel, N.M. Ammar. 1987. Hazardous effect of topical cosmetic application of Deirum (Juglans regia L. plant) on oral tissue. Egypt Dent J 33(1):31–35