Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is naturally present in small amounts in various fruits and vegetables. It was originally extracted from birch trees in Finland. Our Xylitol is derived from non-GMO corn. It is comparable to xylitol derived from other sources, such as birch. Xylitol is normal part of the human metabolism. In fact, our bodies make up to 15 grams of it daily.
Xylitol resembles sugar in consistency and taste, but has 40 percent fewer calories and 75 percent fewer carbohydrates than sugar. Additionally, xylitol is not easily converted to fat and has almost no effect on insulin levels, making it a great alternative for diabetics, bodybuilders and dieters. Xylitol also is considered safe for pregnant and nursing women, babies and children. Xylitol tastes wonderful. There's no strange diet taste and kids love it.
Additionally, xylitol has been found to increase the activity of white blood cells involved in fighting bacteria and thus may help build immunity, protect against chronic degenerative disease and have anti-aging benefits. It has been proven effective in inhibiting Candida albicans, a serious yeast condition, and other harmful bacteria, including H. pylori, which is implicated in gum disease, bad breath, ulcers and stomach cancer.
Using xylitol instead of sugar and/or refined carbohydrate foods may help to lower the risk of polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition that disrupts or stops the ovulation cycle), ovarian cysts, fibroids, endometriosis, and premenstrual syndrome. Research shows that dietary xylitol prevents weakening of bones in rats and improves bone density, indicating xylitol's potential to support healthy bones in humans.
Some possible benefits of our Xylitol may include:
● Antimicrobial properties help prevent tooth decay by inhibiting Candida albicans
● Regular use of xylitol by mothers reduces the transmission of Streptococcus mutans to children by up to 80 percent during the first two years
● Reducing bone loss caused by osteoporosis
● Xylitol enhances mineral absorption in tooth enamel, increasing its strength.
● Consistently using small amounts of xylitol stimulates saliva flow & increases saliva's buffering capacity & protective factors
● Reducing the incidence of new tooth decay & arrest existing dental cavities
● Increases absorption of calcium
● Inhibiting H. pylori
● Mild laxative effects
● Reduce the incidence of sinus infections, allergies & asthma when used as a nasal wash
Our xylitol is produced in a GMP / ISO9001 certified facility and meets the standards of purity set by US Pharmacopoeia. Each batch undergoes extensive testing for purity and safety.
Suggested Use: Use as a tabletop sugar replacement. Add as desired to recipes, drinks or baked goods.
* Warning: May be fatal to pets including dogs & cats!
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Xylitol passes our strict quality assurance which includes testing for identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Xylitol packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Xylitol in a cool, dark, dry place.