Our Organic Agave Inulin Powder is a "super fiber" that has a neutral, clean, mildly sweet flavor. Agave inulin is a low glycemic sweetener, making it a healthy alternative for diabetics and those watching their blood sugar levels. Scientific studies have shown that inulin may help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of certain cancers, and increase the absorption of nutrients, such as calcium and magnesium. Organic Inulin from agave has the added benefit of being very soluble in cold water, meaning it can be incorporated into beverages, baked goods, dairy products, and as a substitute for the properties of fat, without the high calories.
Our Organic Agave Inulin Powder not only works like fiber, but may also act as a prebiotic to support intestinal health. Agave contains saponins and according to experts saponins, which are found on a variety of plant roots such as ginseng, have anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting and antimicrobial properties. A significant historical use of agave included it being used by the Aztecs to treat wounds and prevent infection.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Agave Inulin powder may include:
- Neutral, clean, sweet flavor - about 25% as sweet as sugar
- May act as a prebiotic, supporting digestive and immune health
- Mimics the properties of fat, which may improve the palatability of low fat foods
- May support the absorption of nutrients including calcium and magnesium
- May support the healing of wounds
- May have anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting and antimicrobial properties
- Acts as a low glycemic sweetener
- May support healthy weight loss
- Water soluble
Constituents in Agave Inulin include:
- Sugars: Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Starch
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate (DFE), Vitamin A (RAE), Beta Carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt, or add to your favorite smoothie. Also try adding to raw chocolate recipes, superfood drinks, smoothies, baked goods, yogurt and dairy products.
Botanical Source: Agave tequilana.
Other Names: blue agave, tequila agave, mezcal or maguey, Chicory Extract, Chicory Inulin, Dahlia Extract, Dahlia Inulin, Extrait de Chicorée, Extrait de Dahlia, Inulina, Inuline, Inuline de Chicorée, Inuline de Dahlia, Long-chain Oligosaccharides, Oligosaccharides, Oligosaccharides à Chaîne Longue, Prebiotic, Prébiotique.
Parts Used: Agave Heart (Piña).
Ingredients: Organic Agave Inulin.
Origin: Grown and extracted in Mexico. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Agave Inulin Powder is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Agave Inulin Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Agave Inulin Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.