This purple powerhouse berry is packed with polyphenols and has one of the highest antioxidant ORAC scores of any natural food.
Aronia berries have anthocyanin and flavonoid amounts that are higher than blueberries, cranberries, pomegranates, and acai. The secret to Aronia's power lies in its deep coloring. Their intense color is the result of a potent concentration of antioxidant phytochemicals.
Phytochemicals may help support the natural aging process and support a healthy immune response. Researchers from Ohio State University found that anthocyanins obtained from exotic plant pigments may have helped the healthy body inhibit and even kill mutated cell growths in the colon.
Aronia berries are gaining popularity in the United States and have been widely consumed in Eastern Europe and Russia for their antioxidant benefits. European countries also like to produce Aronia berry wine. Our Non-GMO Aronia Powder tastes like a tart mix of blackberry and blueberry and has an amazing ORAC score of over 4700 per gram.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Aronia Berry Powder may include:
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- May support healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- May support a healthy immune response
- May help nourish the brain & nervous system
- May support healthy digestion
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support the urinary system
- May support healthy aging
- Good source of antioxidants
Constituents of Aronia include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Folate, Beta & Alpha-carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine,
- Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Malvidin, Peonidin, Cyanidin-3-galactoside, Quercetin
- Phytochemicals: Tannic acid, Quinic acid, Phenolic acids, Catechins,
- Flavonoids: Resveratrol, Hesperidin, and Rutin.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. You will see the color range from a dark reddish to a dark brown color.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 teaspoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our black currant juice powder.
Miscellaneous facts about our Aronia Powder
Ingredients: Whole Raw Aronia Berry (including seeds).
Parts Used: Aronia fruit.
Botanical Name: Aronia Prunifolia.
Other Names: Purple Fruited Chokeberry.
Origin: Grown in Finland. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.