When compared to an apple, Banana has four times more protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. All of these factors combined make the banana a super food that is an integral part of a healthy daily regimen.
Raw bananas contain potassium, protein, fiber, carbohydrates and vitamins: A, B, B6, C and E; and minerals: calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and folate (also known as vitamin B9 and natural folic acid). It also contains serotonin which may elevate the mood and help fight stress. Being a source of iron, bananas may support the production of hemoglobin in the blood, thus supporting blood levels with those who have anemia. Because of its potassium content, but low salt content, it can possibly be nourishing for those having problems with arterial pressure and may support healthy circulation. This factor may support a healthy heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body.
Raw bananas are true quality sources of energy due to their high glycogen levels. Bananas are ideal for eating during that midday lull when you feel tired and sluggish. If you want a quick fix for flagging energy levels there is no better snack than an organic Banana. Banana's contain three natural sugars Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose which when combined with its fiber gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two Bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90 minute workout. But energy supply is not the only way a Banana can help you get fit. It may also support the body's ability to prevent a substantial number of other conditions.
Bananas may support a positive mental outlook because they contain a chemical called tryptophan - the same chemical found in turkey. This mood regulating substance contains a level of protein that helps to support the relaxation of the mind so you feel happier. People suffering from depression often report feeling better after eating a banana.
Our Organic Banana flakes also works great as a rejuvenating face mask. Just mix it into a little bit of plain yogurt and your skin will thank you!
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Banana Flakes may include:
- May support a healthy mental outlook
- May support the production of hemoglobin
- May support healthy Blood Pressure levels because of high potassium and low salt levels
- May support healthy bowels because of high amounts of fiber
- Assisting learning & alertness by bringing more oxygen to the brain
- May soothe heartburn
- Helping avoid morning sickness
- Calming nerves
- Easing Peptic Ulcers by neutralizes acidity & reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach
- Cooling fruit that can lower both the physical & emotional temperature of expectant mothers
- Helping ease effects of nicotine withdrawal
- Reducing stress due to its high mineral content
Constituents of Banana include:
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
- Minerals: Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Amino Acids: threonine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, valine, arginine, histidine, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, serine
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Due to its nature, this powder tends to clump. If clumping occurs, lay the bag on a flat surface and place a towel over the bag. Then pound on the bag until the clumps break up. The towel will help protect the bag from damage.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie. Use to add flavor and nutrition to any recipe. Ideal for dry fruit preparations, powdered drinks, cake mixes, desserts, etc. Reconstituted powder with water at a 1:3 ratio and use as you would fresh mashed bananas.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic strawberry powder and some fresh orange juice for a creamsicle.
Botanical Name: Musa acuminata.
Other Names: Banana, Bananier Nain, Canbur, Curro, Platano, Guineo.
Parts Used: Whole Banana, no peel.
Ingredients: Raw Ripe Banana.
Origin: Grown and dried in Ecuador. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Freeze Dried Raw Banana Powder is certified Organic and passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Organic Freeze Dried Banana Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Raw Freeze Dried Organic Banana Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.