Chocolate, "the food of the gods" has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, chocolate remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its rawest form, chocolate contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac), and tryptophan (a natural antidepressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, chocolate promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, chocolate makes you happy!
Chocolate is often distinguished by the percentage of cacao solids it contains. Our Certified Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips provide them the perfect balance between sweetness and the dark chocolate flavor everybody loves. Dark chocolate has a more pronounced chocolate taste than milk chocolate, because it does not contain milk solids to compete with the chocolate taste. However, the lack of milk additives also means that dark chocolate is more prone to a dry, chalky texture and a bitter aftertaste.
Chocolate is rich in Magnesium and Promotes Healthy Skin, nails and Hair
Our Certified Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips are high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones, and maintaining proper blood pressure. Chocolate also contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea, and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that chocolate boosts blood flow to the heart, brain, and other organs while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in chocolate may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin. Plus chocolate is a good source of sulfur which promotes healthy skin, nails, and hair.
Chocolate has been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels, some even exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260).
Some possible benefits of our Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips may include:
- Possible mood supportive properties
- May support the healthy dilation of blood vessels
- Possibly helps improve cellular functioning of cells lining blood vessels
- Possibly a super powerful antioxidant
- May support healthy blood flow to the brain, heart and other organs
- May support a healthy heart
- May lower the oxidative stress of strenuous activities, possibly with recovery
- May support healthy digestion
- Possibly stimulates healthy kidney and bowel function
- May support skin health
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy stress response
- May support a calm state of mind
- May support strong bones and teeth
- Possibly contains more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- Reduces free radicals throughout the body
- May support breast milk production
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
- May support an overall feeling of euphoria and well being
Constituents of Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips include:
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Sulfur
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan
- Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, PEA (phenylethylalamine), Anandamide, Theobromine, Caffeine, Resveratrol
- Essential Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid
This product may melt during shipping if it gets warm. If melting occurs simple place in refrigerator or freezer for 1 hour. Then break pieces off as needed.
Suggested Use: To melt into recipes, gently warm in a double boiler then add vanilla and agave nectar to sweeten.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao
Other Names: Cocoa, plain chocolate, black chocolate, chocolate tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, bitter sweet chocolate, kakao, semi-sweet, and sweet dark chocolate
Ingredients: Organic Chocolate Liquor, Organic Sugar, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Sunflower Lecithin.
Origin: Grown and processed in Belgium. Packaged with Care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
Our Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips are packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
Keep your Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed: Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.