[Recipe] Raw Chocolate Date Truffle
An easy classic, this recipe for the raw chocolate date truffle is a total delight.
With just 3 main ingredients (plus a little fresh water), this is a fun and easy recipe for kids and the whole family to enjoy making, and eating -- especially during holiday time.
Here’s the recipe:
- 16 pitted medjool dates
- 1 and 1/4 cups of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Your favorite chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cacao powder and do not add into the main mix (we will use this 1/4 cup of cacao for the final coating)
- Put the pitted dates, about 1 cup of cacao and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until creamy
- Put this creamy mixture in a regular mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- By the teaspoonful, roll into a ball and then roll the ball in the extra cacao powder
- At this point the raw chocolate date truffles are ready to eat
- For an extra great treat, now roll the balls in chopped nuts
- Another option is to put the nuts inside the mix and roll in the cacao powder
- If you’d like a delicious, festive snowball plate, roll these balls in shredded coconut
Have fun and enjoy this simple, easy, delicious, family-fun recipe!
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an award winning film writer. Certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) as a Holistic Health Practitioner (CHHP), Denise brings a unique set of training and skills to the food industry.
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy and France, as well as, being trained using a wide array of the unique foods and spices of India. Denise also studied herbalism at the East West school of herbology in Santa Cruz and with Dr Schulze in Los Angeles, CA, gained extensive knowledge from Dr. Francesca Borella, Dr. Johanna Budwig of Germany, Dr. Schulze, and Bruce Lipton -- one of the fathers of the science of Epigenetics.
As the Master Chef at Z Natural Foods, Denise is dedicated to providing whole food nourishment. In fact, part of her daily routine her whole life, Denise sought high quality foods: Erewhon in Los Angeles, the markets of Paris, Swiss health food stores, Neal's Yard in London, going all the way back to her childhood in Philadelphia at the 9th St markets: these were always places of great joy. As an adult, she learned that buying the best quality food for yourself is, in fact, your best health insurance policy.
Throughout her world travels, Denise was particularly interested in traditional healing foods and has come to a very simple conclusion: Food is the game changer.
Denise is passionate about creating a new generation of superfood snacks (such as the ZNF exclusive Raspberry Quinoa Clusters, Fusion Bars and soon-to-be-released Vegan Fusion Bites). Denise leads Z Natural Foods’ efforts in transforming high quality, nutrient-dense, raw, whole food powders into nourishing, tasty ‘functional foods’ -- packed with bio-available building blocks to support true fueling and adaptation. She is driven to combine delicious solutions with balanced, healthy recipes.
To contact Denise about a special formula that matches your vision, you are invited to call 888-963-6637.
Leave a CommentLeave a Reply
Charm Yarnon Your Unique Herbal Needs
John Impallomenion Is it Possible to Strengthen a Genetic Weakness?
michael stuchineron Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe...
Cindy DeHaanon Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe...