Mac ‘n Cheese (Vegan, dairy-free)
Every time I make this dish, people say ...
“This is the best Mac
“It’s pretty darn good!”, if I say so myself. Which is why I wanted to teach you how to make this awesome recipe (see more recipes here), too!
Having the cashew cheese on hand (Cashew Cream Cheese Recipe) will make this a very easily-prepared nourishing meal! Accompany this with sauteed vegetables or a big dark green salad -- and give yourself tons of tasty nutrition.
- 1 lb cooked pasta al dente (make it a harder “al dente” as the pasta will be baked again) coated
ina little oil to not stick together.
- 1 lb Cashew cream cheese
- ½ cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 4 medium onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup olive oil or ghee*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 2 cups Vegetable broth or bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Using ghee will add the familiar buttery flavor without the lactose but olive or avocado oil work beautifully, too.
- Begin by sauteing the onions in the ghee or olive oil on med-high heat until soft, translucent and browning.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the onions and cook-off the water.
- The onions are now ready to mix together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Place under the broiler for 10 minutes to create a beautiful golden brown finish.
About Denise Girard, ZNF Master Chef
Denise Girard is a classically trained chef and an award-winning film writer. Certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) as a Holistic Health Practitioner (CHHP), Denise brings a unique set of training and skills to the food industry.
Being trained worldwide, she has been advised and educated by leading Medical and Naturopathic doctors in North America and Western Europe, including England, Switzerland, Italy
As the Master Chef at Z Natural Foods, Denise is dedicated to providing whole food nourishment. In fact, part of her daily routine her whole life, Denise sought high quality foods: Erewhon in Los Angeles, the markets of Paris, Swiss health food stores, Neal's Yard in London, going all the way back to her childhood in Philadelphia at the 9th St markets: these were always places of great joy. As an adult, she learned that buying the best quality food for yourself is, in fact, your best health insurance policy.
Throughout her world travels, Denise was particularly interested in traditional healing foods and has come to a very simple conclusion: Food is the game changer.
Denise is passionate about creating a new generation of superfood snacks (such as the ZNF exclusive Raspberry Quinoa Clusters, Fusion Bars and Vegan Fusion Bites). Denise leads Z Natural Foods’ efforts in transforming high quality, nutrient-dense, raw, whole food powders into nourishing, tasty ‘functional foods’ -- packed with bio-available building blocks to support true fueling and adaptation. She is driven to combine delicious solutions with balanced, healthy recipes.
To contact Denise about a special formula that matches your vision, you are invited to call 888-963-6637.
Leave a CommentLeave a Reply
Charm Yarnon Your Unique Herbal Needs
John Impallomenion Is it Possible to Strengthen a Genetic Weakness?
michael stuchineron Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe...
Cindy DeHaanon Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe...