Banana ice cream made from frozen bananas is known as “
But being free from added sugars, this ‘nice cream’ recipe is filled with delicious nutrition and natural sweetness. And adding raw cacao and
Everyone knows the nutrition power of the banana, but
- Extra Rich Cacao contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants compared to other fruits, vegetables, and teas. Cacao has been believed to support healthy blood glucose levels and contain mood supportive properties.
- Cordyceps mushroom is an herb that is known to possibly support healthy circulation, respiration, and a healthy immune response. It may also help to support healthy energy and stamina levels, allowing for maintained energy levels throughout the day.
- Dark Chocolate Chips (70%) are there to provide a crunch in this flavorful summer treat, while also providing an overall feeling of well-being!
Dig in and enjoy this fun, delicious, sweet treat any day, guilt-free! And of course, this ice cream is organic, dairy free, and vegan. So you can’t lose, right?
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Yield: 4-6 servings
Time: 15 minutes (when bananas are frozen)
- 5-6 Overripe Bananas
- Optional milk of choice (you can experiment with coconut milk or almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons Cacao Powder - Extra Rich
- 1-1 ½ teaspoons Cordyceps Mushroom Extract Powder
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips (70%)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Bananas! Once you get your bananas, wait until they are ripe, with at least some brown spots on them. Peel, cut into pieces, and freeze them for 2-4 hours or overnight for the next day.
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and put them in a blender or a food processor. Add a pinch of salt (we recommend pink Himalayan salt) and blend to a smooth, soft serve consistency.
- For a smoother consistency add 2-4 tbsp. of your milk of choice and continue to blend.
- Add the vanilla,
cacaopowder, and cordycepsmushroom extract powder to the ice cream. Start with 1 tsp of cordyceps as it can be powerful and take over flavor-wise. Blend to distribute evenly.
- Add in 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips and pulse the blender or food processor to create little chocolate pieces
- Serve in a bowl and top with extra chocolate chips to garnish.
- This '
nicecream' will be a soft serve when completed and may need to be frozen if you want a more firm consistency. Recommended 2 hours in the freezer.