Who doesn't love Summer? The sun is out, it's warm and the weather is mostly perfect for those great backyard gatherings with friends and family.
But for those friends and family that are vegan, what do we do?
Well… here we have a delicious and extremely healthy Sprouted Bean Patty recipe.
This patty is high in protein, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and they will have your Vegan and even meat-eater guests wanting another bite! Sprouting seeds are high in fiber amongst other things, so they will aid in digestion and will keep you fuller for longer. This recipe is simple to make and it will definitely be a conversation piece.
So let's get started!
- 1 Cup of Mung Bean Sprouting Seeds (Organic)
- ½ Cup of Red Lentil Sprouting Seeds (Organic)
- 6 Tbsp of Rolled Oats (Organic) (Crushed)
- 1 Tsp of Turmeric Root Powder (Organic)
- 1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper Powder (Organic)
- Pinch of Clove Powder (Organic)
- Pinch of Cinnamon Powder (Organic)
- Pinch of Black Pepper Powder (Organic)
- ½ Tbsp of Lemon Juice Powder (Organic)
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- ½ Cup of Freshly Chopped Onion (Organic) (Optional)
- ½ Cup of Freshly Chopped Cilantro (Organic) (Optional)
- Coconut Oil (Organic)
- Soak Mung Bean Sprouting Seeds and Red Lentil Sprouting Seeds separately in the water for 12-15 hours.
- Drain water in a strainer, wash and leave the seeds in the strainer with cover for 24 hours at room temperature (or a warm place for faster process).
- Put both sprouts in boiling water with a dash of salt for 2 minutes, strain, and cool down.
- Blend sprouts coarsely in the blender until sprouts become a thick paste and put them in a bowl.
- Add crushed Rolled Oats, all powders, fresh chopped onions, fresh chopped cilantro, and salt to taste (Ingredients #4 to #12) and mix well (sprinkle some water if needed).
- Make patty at desired size and shape.
- Pan fry patty on both sides in Coconut Oil until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with any of your favorite sauces (sweet and sour, chimichurri or hot sauce).