This smokey-sweet turkey chili is an easy, healthy and gluten-free meal that’s virtually perfect anytime!
It’s healthy comfort food at its best! A chili that hits your taste buds RIGHT in the head with spicy-sweet maple and chipotle goodness. I meannnnn can’t you just feel the warmth WAY deep down in your belly as you face plant into THIS tonight. With a delicious maple and chipotle flavor, this bowl is packed full of protein and other essential nutrients.
A bowl of this chili will fill your body with warmth and happiness, perfect for any night. This recipe is quick and easy to make, yet so good the whole family will love it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or vegan substitute
- 2 tablespoons of ZNF onion powder or 1 large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of ZNF garlic powder or finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle or to taste
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes preferably fire roasted
- 1 15- ounce can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup dark pure maple syrup or Honey
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- toasted pepitas, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until completely browned. Transfer turkey and any juices to a bowl and set aside.
- Return pot to medium-high heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion, garlic, and salt and cook, stirring often, for 6 to 10 minutes, until onion is soft and browned.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and chipotle and cook, stirring, for 30 to 90 seconds, until spices are fragrant and starting to toast and darken slightly.
- Add vinegar and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until liquid is evaporated.
- Add water and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits and spices from the bottom of the pot.
- Add tomatoes, beans, syrup, and browned turkey, stirring to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 14 minutes, until turkey and onions are tender.
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, and pumpkin seeds.
This delicious recipe is by Taylor IG: @foodfaithfit
For Bulk inquiries and custom formulations click here: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/pages/bulk