Who doesn’t love a warm, buttery holiday pastry?
A delicious childhood classic - we added our own tasty spin for you to enjoy. This recipe uses our Raw Pure Premium Backyard Honey for sweetness. But the real star of this recipe is our Organic Freeze Dried Super 8 Berry Blend.
Jam-packed with healthy vitamins & minerals, our berry blend is a combination of acerola cherries, goji berries, acai berries, maqui berries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and red raspberries.
It’s no wonder why this -- super simple and easy to make jam - is the center of these delicious holiday treats. Not only does this taste great, but it’s a fun way to get your antioxidants, Vitamin C, potassium, and iron in one festive treat!
These dark berry pastries are sure to impress for holiday parties or even year round. And it’s a great recipe to involve the kids. Kids will have fun using cookie cutters to create holiday shapes and decorate them with sprinkles or top with their favorite healthy fruit powders.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Cold Butter - Sliced
- 4-5 tbsp. Cold Water for Dough
- ½ cup Organic Freeze Dried Super 8 Berry Blend
- ½ cup Raw Pure Premium Backyard Honey
- 6-7 tbsp. Water for Berry Jam
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Whole Milk Powder, Cashew Milk Powder or Butter to brush on top
- Organic Coconut Palm Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Strawberry Powder for Decorating
- Matcha Green Tea Latte Powder for Decorating
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- For the dough:
- Add all-purpose flour, butter, and vinegar in the food processor, add cold water slowly while pulsing until it becomes a dough.
- On a floured surface, cut the dough in half and flatten into two discs (make sure not to work the dough too much as this will make the pastries tough instead of flaky and soft). Wrap the discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for ½ an hour.