Our Certified Organic Raw Unpeeled Cacao Beans are 100% Arriba Nacional, the species known worldwide for superior taste, aroma and health benefits. These beans come directly from the Organic Farms and Coops in Ecuador where they are cultivated. These organic cacao beans are grown using the best in sustainable, organic farming practices to preserve the natural integrity of the cacao. Each bean is hand-picked, fully fermented over a 5-7 day period and then sun dried. Our organic cacao beans are guaranteed to be free of chemicals, herbicides and pesticides and are never machine processed, heated or roasted. No sugar, dairy or anything else; just 100% heirloom organic cacao.
In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide, arginine, phenethylamine and tryptophan. By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao may promote an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used interchangeably.
Organic Cacao beans are a source of the mineral magnesium, essential for supporting heart health, supporting strong bones and healthy blood pressure levels. Cacao beans also contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao may support healthy blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart issues. It has also been shown to be helpful in supporting healthy blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may support youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a source of sulfur which supports healthy skin, nails and hair.
Cacao and dark chocolate have been shown to have excellent antioxidant levels exceeding red wine, green tea, and other exotic fruits and vegetables. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values of dark chocolate (13,120 per 100 grams) exceed those of prunes (5,700), blueberries (2,400), strawberries (1,540) and spinach (1,260). It is important to mention that adding milk to chocolate does not help it, in fact, it seems to block the activity of the phytochemicals responsible for the powerful antioxidant capacity of cacao.
Our Organic Cacao Beans are a truly healthy chocolate. Enjoy them on their own as a crunchy, flavorful snack. Add them to ice cream or fruit smoothies. Mix them with nuts, bananas and dates to create your own trail mix. Or try sweetening them with our organic agave nectar for a sweet, healthy treat. Turn your cravings for chocolate into super nutrition by reconnecting with the power of real chocolate.
Some possible benefits of Raw Organic Unpeeled Cacao Beans may include:
- Possible mood supportive properties
- May support the healthy dilation of blood vessels
- Possibly helps improve cellular functioning of cells lining blood vessels
- Possibly a super powerful antioxidant
- May support healthy blood flow to the brain, heart and other organs
- May support a healthy heart
- May lower the oxidative stress of strenuous activities, possibly with recovery
- May support healthy digestion
- Possibly stimulates healthy kidney and bowel function
- May support skin health
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy stress response
- May support a calm state of mind
- May support strong bones and teeth
- Possibly contains more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- Reduces free radicals throughout the body
- May support breast milk production
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
- May support an overall feeling of euphoria and well being
Constituents of Unpeeled Cacao Beans include:
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Sulfur
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan
- Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, PEA (phenylethylamine), Anandamide, Theobromine, Caffeine, Resveratrol
- Essential Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Eat 5-6 beans alone or sweeten with agave nectar. Add beans to ice cream or your favorite smoothie.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our maca root, lucuma and coconut oil in a smoothie.
Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, kakaw, kakao.
Ingredients: Organic Arriba Nacional Cacao Beans.
Origin: Grown in Ecuador. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Unpeeled Arriba Nacional Cacao Beans are organically grown and pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers organic unpeeled Raw Cacao Beans packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Arriba Nacional Cacao Beans in a cool, dark, dry place.