What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used interchangeably.
Organic Cacao Butter Wafers are high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones, and maintaining proper blood pressure. Cacao also contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea, and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain, and other organs and while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a good source of sulfur which promotes healthy skin, nails, and hair.
Some possible benefits of our Organic Cacao Butter Wafers may include:
- May support the Dilation of blood vessels
- Super powerful antioxidant
- Lowering the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
- May support healthy skin
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy stress response
- May support the relaxation of muscles
- May support healthy insulin levels in healthy persons
- May support the building of healthy bones and teeth
- Stimulating kidney & bowel function
- Containing more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy digestion
- May support the reduction of free radicals throughout the body
- May support healthy blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
- May support a healthy mood
- Supporting a healthy heart
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May be helpful in reducing additional neural damage
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- Supporting an overall feeling of well being
This product may melt during shipping if it gets warm. If melting occurs simply place in the refrigerator or freezer for 1 hour. Then break pieces off as needed.
Suggested Use: To melt into recipes, gently warm in a double boiler.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with your smoothie for a dose of healthy fats.
Botanical Name: Theobroma Cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa Butter, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, Kakaw, Kakao, Manteca de Cacao.
Ingredients: Cacao Butter.
Origin: Grown and prepared in Peru. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our organic Cacao Butter wafers are packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your organic Cacao Butter wafers in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is 100% natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.