Cacao, 'the food of the Gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, Cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, Cacao contains Anandamide (a euphoric substance), Arginine (a natural aphrodisiac and vasodilator), Phenethylamine (a neurotransmitter that can combat depression and E. coli) and tryptophan (a natural anti-depressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, Cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
What's the Difference between Cacao and Cocoa? The official name of the chocolate tree is Theobroma Cacao. Some experts believe that over time the word "cacao" became Anglicized, and most likely through common error people started calling it "cocoa". Now, with the rebirth of old-style, artisanal chocolate there is a movement to reclaim the beans rightful name: cacao (pronounced Ka-Kow). Today, the two words are often used inter-changeably.
Raw Organic Cacao Butter Wafers are high in the mineral magnesium, essential for helping the heart to pump blood efficiently, building strong bones, and maintaining proper blood pressure. Cacao also contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea, and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Research from Germany also suggests that the flavanols in cacao may help maintain youthful, beautiful skin. Plus cacao is a good source of sulfur which promotes healthy skin, nails and hair.
Some possible benefits of our Raw Organic Cacao Butter Wafers may include:
- May support the Dilation of blood vessels
- Super powerful antioxidant
- Lowering the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
- May support healthy skin
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support a healthy stress response
- May support the relaxation of muscles
- May support healthy insulin levels in healthy persons
- May support the building of healthy bones and teeth
- Stimulating kidney & bowel function
- Containing more magnesium than any other food
- May support healthy digestion
- May support the reduction of free radicals throughout the body
- May support healthy blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
- May support a healthy mood
- Supporting a healthy heart
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Endothelial function improved in overweight adults
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May be helpful in reducing additional neural damage
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- Supporting an overall feeling of well being
This product may melt during shipping if it gets warm. If melting occurs simple place in refrigerator or freezer for 1 hour. Then break pieces off as needed.
Suggested Use: To melt into recipes, gently warm in a double boiler.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with your smoothie for a dose of healthy fats.
Botanical Name: Theobroma Cacao.
Other Names: Cocoa Butter, Chocolate Tree, Koko, Kakaobaum, Kakaw, Kakao, Manteca de Cacao.
Ingredients: Raw Cacao Butter.
Origin: Grown and prepared in Peru. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Raw Cacao Butter is made from organically grown Cacao Beans that pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Raw Organic Cacao Butter packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic raw Cacao Butter in a cool, dark, dry place.