Organic chai tea is a traditional beverage enjoyed throughout India, Sri Lanka and many Asian nations. This spicy drink is made by brewing strong, black tea with an assortment of spices. Typically cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves among others. Milk and sugar are commonly added to the Chai tea to balance and enhance its spiciness with milky sweetness.
Anise is a member of the carrot family and native to Egypt and western Asia. Its sweet, licorice-like fragrance is unmistakable. Anise is said to support the liver and digestion, support healthy teeth and quiet respiratory complaints.
Clove has been treasured in China and India for thousands of years to soothe illness and encourage health. Rich in nutrients and bioactive elements, clove supports healthy digestion, supports a healthy immune system response, blood glucose levels and relieves muscle pain and spasms.
Ginger has been revered in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for its powerful medicinal properties. Consuming ginger may help to support a healthy inflammation and immune response; healthy digestion and cardiovascular health.
At one time, cinnamon was more valuable than gold and for good reason. Its signature sweet taste and aroma creates a high market demand. But it is much more than just a delightful spice, it also provides exceptional health-protecting rewards. This includes supporting healthy lipid levels, blood sugar, a healthy inflammation response, memory and brain function.
Don't forget about all the exceptional qualities of black tea. Loaded with polyphenols and other nutrients, black tea may support a healthy immune system response and supports healthy bones, teeth and connective tissues.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Chai Tea may include:
- Containing theaflavins and thearubigins flavonoids which improve insulin sensitivity to protect against diabetes
- May support a healthy immune response
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Possibly supports blood sugar levels
- Supports strong bones, teeth and connective tissue
- May help to relieve muscle spasms and pain
- May aid healthy digestion and liver function
- May support a healthy respiratory system
- May aid in brain function and memory
Constituents of Chai Tea include:
- Polypropenoids: Thymol, Carvacol, Cinnamaldyhyde
- Essential Oils: Eugenol
- Phytochemicals: Gingerols (6,8,10), Zingerone, Shagoal
- Bioactive constituents: Limonene, Pinene, Terpinolene,
- Alkaloids: Piperine
- Terpenoids: 1,8 Cineole, Alpha-Terpinyl Acetate, Myrcene
There are approximately 200 naturally caffeinated organic tea bags per pound.
Ingredients: Organic black B.O.P. tea, organic cinnamon, organic assam tea, organic cardamom seed, organic cloves, organic ginger root and organic black pepper.
Infusion: Use the ratio of 1 bag of product for every 8 ounces of distilled water. Bring water to a boil and then take off stove. Put tea in pot or a mug fill with water and cover for 10 minutes. (This method is specific for whole leaf herbs and teas).
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic coconut milk powder and organic coconut palm sugar.
Origin: Grown and blended in USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.