- Raw Alfalfa Grass is known as "The Father of all Foods" and has been used for years in Chinese medicine to support the natural healing process.
- First used by the Arabs, they gave Alfalfa Grass to their horses to keep them swift, healthy, and strong.
Our raw, non-GMO, Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder is a complete source of vitamins and minerals that may benefit the body. The leaves of this amazing plant contain eight amino acids as well as calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, iron sulfides, choline beta-carotene. Alfalfa grass is possibly an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, D, C, E K. Alfalfa grass may be rich in saponins, phytoestrogens, and antioxidants.
Alfalfa Leaf Powder should not be confused with Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder. Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder is made by first juicing the alfalfa grass and removing all cellulose, so a pure juice concentrate is left. The juice is then dehydrated into a powder. In contrast, whole Alfalfa Leaf Powder is made by drying the entire grass leaf and then milling it into a fine powder.
Organic Alfalfa is a true superfood that may support overall health and wellness. Historically used as an herbal diuretic and laxative, it may naturally support intestinal health. It may also be beneficial in supporting a sluggish appetite and calming an upset stomach. In addition, alfalfa grass has been thought to support a healthy detoxification response possibly. It has also been used to support a healthy female cycle. Traditionally, it was used to prevent fungus and support the elimination of excess water possibly.
Alfalfa leaf may support the assimilation of protein, fats carbohydrates. It may even support a healthy heart due to its nutrient content. This rich nutrition content may help support the prevention of malnutrition from anorexia or other disorders. In addition, alfalfa grass is very alkaline and may be used to support a healthy pH balance. Importantly, alfalfa may have an anti-clotting effect, so it should not be used while taking aspirin or anti-clotting medication.
Alfalfa contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increased amounts of SOD cause our body to repair itself quicker. Additionally, SOD acts to support a healthy inflammation response. It may be added to baths or body wraps for possibly soothing aching muscles or relieving body swelling. It can also be ingested with teas, smoothies, or juice. Our Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder will have you feeling super.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder may include:
- Possibly has a natural laxative and diuretic effect
- May support healthy digestive, pituitary urinary systems
- May support the reduction of excess water in the bladder
- May support healthy joints and skin
- Possibly has a strong alkaline effect on the body
- May support the neutralization of acids in the intestinal tract
- a good source of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support healthy enzyme and healthy lipid levels
- May support healthy gums and foul breath
- May support strong blood capillaries
Constituents of Alfalfa Leaf include: