The clove has been used in Asian culture for over 2,000 years! Dating as far back as 200 BC, cloves were chewed by Chinese servants to keep their breath smelling sweet while in the presence of the Emperor as not to offend him. In China and Persia, this fragrant spice was also traditionally used as an aphrodisiac. Cloves have also been traditionally used to alleviate tooth aches. Today, the Clove is commonly used to support the bodies ability to possibly combat a variety of illnesses.
Conventionally used in cooking, the medicinal uses of non-GMO cloves have been known for centuries. This healing spice may contain amazing antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties; and may even be used as a natural anesthetic. Our Organic Clove Powder is one of the most potent natural sources of antioxidants ever discovered with an ORAC score over 3000 per gram.
Cloves are the dried flower buds of the Clove Tree, a type of evergreen tree that grows in tropical environments. The unique phytonutrient components of the clove are accompanied by a large number of beneficial nutrients. Studies have shown that Cloves are a source of manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, and magnesium. The Clove has unique phytonutrient components such as flavonoids, kaempferol, and rhamnetin which may contribute to cloves’ powerful antioxidant capacities and ability to support a healthy inflammation response.
The most significant chemical found in cloves is eugenol, which provides clove with its extraordinary medicinal value. Eugenol is a potent antibacterial and antifungal agent which may be twice as effective as traditional antifungal medications. Eugenol, a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant, may support healthy blood circulation by lowering the levels of fat peroxide in red blood cells, keeping the body's antioxidant enzymes at healthy levels. In the USA, the eugenol extracted from cloves is often used in dentistry to ease discomfort during root canals and temporary filling procedures due to its mild anesthetic and antiseptic capabilities. The component beta-caryophyllene is also found in Cloves adding to their anesthetic ability. Clove oil is often found in over-the-counter sore throat sprays and mouthwashes due to its possible natural antiseptic and analgesic qualities.
Cloves can also support a healthy digestive system. Cloves may remedy an array of digestive problems including flatulence and vomiting. Cloves are a natural antispasmodic and can be applied topically to soothe muscle spasms or brewed as a tea to remedy heavy coughing episodes. Sucking on cloves has also been traditionally known to reduce alcohol cravings.
Cloves have been used for years and are widely appreciated for their wonderful nourishing effects on the body. This well known Asian remedy is now available to you. through Z Natural Foods. Feel the antioxidant power of our Raw Organic Clove Powder today!
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Clove Powder may include:
- Supporting healthy digestion
- Soothing indigestion, vomiting & diarrhea
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Possible antifungal properties
- May aid healthy respiratory function
- May support the balance of uric acid levels
- May help to relieve toothaches
- Supporting healthy sleep habits
- Possibly used to curb alcohol cravings
- Possible mild anesthetic properties
- May aid in a healthy bacterial response
- Possible antiseptic properties
- Supporting healthy blood circulation
- May support a healthy viral response
- Possible antioxidant qualities
Constituents of Clove include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Folate food, Folate DFE, Choline, Betai