- Known as the "Holy Fruit of the Himalayas," native Tibetans have cherished sea Buckthorn Fruit for centuries for its incredible nutritive qualities.
- Sea buckthorn grows high in the Himalayan region and has been used in Asia over the centuries as an herbal medicine...
Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit is a source of powerful antioxidants and rare fatty acids, thanks to its very high vitamin C, carotenoids, and phenolic content. As a result of the powerful antioxidant levels, its ability to protect against aging of the skin and the effects of environmental pollution has been noted. Ancient civilizations recognized the beneficial uses of this berry. The Greeks were the first to discover the benefits of the Sea Buckthorn berries 1,200 years ago. The berries are mentioned in Chinese and Tibetan medical texts from around 1,000 years ago.
Sea Buckthorn's berries contain more than 100 different kinds of nutrients and bioactive substances, including vitamins, fatty acids, and free amino acids. Recent scientific studies indicate that sea buckthorn supports the immune system and may help protect the liver. External uses of Sea Buckthorn could include helping with a wide variety of skin problems, including burns, bedsores, eczema, dermatitis, and radiation injury.
Today, over one hundred and twenty specific studies on sea buckthorn and countless studies on the biological properties found in the plant have shown that this small berry promotes good health. Sea buckthorn has been called the superfruit, and given its nutritional profile; it is no wonder. This fruit has a high abundance of some of the rarest and most powerful antioxidants in the world. Not only that, but it is the only plant known to contain essential fatty acids 3, 6, 7, and 9.
Organic Sea Buckthorn Berries contain more than 190 biologically active compounds, including:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, K, and P
- Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 (Essential Fatty Acids or EFAs)
- 42 Lipids
- Organic Acids
- Amino Acids
- Folate (also known as vitamin B9 & natural folic acid)
- 20 Mineral Elements
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder may include:
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Relief for the cough
- Improving skin complexion, anti-acne treatment
- Supporting for healthy blood sugar levels
- Helping for scald & burn wound repair
- Aiding digestion
- Cellular rejuvenation
- Natural energy boost
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Invigorating blood circulation
- Healing Mucosa injuries
- Improving brain & nervous system function
- Alleviating pain
- Protecting against premature aging of the skin
- Fighting cellular mutation
- Strong antioxidant network
- Improving nervous system health
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile, combine with our organic rose hips powder.
Botanical Name: Hippophae Rhamnoides.
*This product contains a small amount of maltodextrin, which acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick
For more information about tapioca starch derived from cassava root (yuca root), click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava
Other Names: Seabuckthorn, Argasse, Argousier, Buckthorn, Chharma, Dhar-Bu, Espino Armarillo, Espino Falso, Finbar, Grisset, Meerdorn, Oblepikha, Purging Thorn, Rokitnik, Sallow Thorn, Sanddorn, Sea Buckhorn, Sceitbezien, Sea-Buckthorn, Seedorn, Star-Bu, Tindved.
Parts Used: Whole, Sea Buckthorn fruit (No Seed).
Ingredients: Organic Sea Buckthorn Fruit Juice Powder and Organic non-GMO maltodextrin.*
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, push the air out of the pouch before resealing it to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. Boivin D, Blanchette M, Barrette S, et al. Inhibition of cancer cell proliferation and suppression of TNF-induced activation of NFkappaB by edible berry juice. Anticancer Res 2007;27(2):937-948.
2. Goel HC, Gupta D, Gupta S, et al. Protection of mitochondrial system by Hippophae rhamnoides L. against radiation-induced oxidative damage in mice. J Pharm.Pharmacol. 2005;57(1):135-143.
3. Hibasami H, Mitani A, Katsuzaki H, et al. Isolation of five types of flavonol from seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) and induction of apoptosis by some of the flavonols in human promyelotic leukemia HL-60 cells. Int J Mol.Med 2005;15(5):805-809.
4. Kasparaviciene G, Briedis V, Ivanauskas L. [Influence of sea buckthorn oil production technology on its antioxidant activity]. Medicina (Kaunas.) 2004;40(8):753-757.
5. Li Y, Xu C, Zhang Q, et al. In vitro anti-Helicobacter pylori action of 30 Chinese herbal medicines used to treat ulcer diseases. J Ethnopharmacol 4-26-2005;98(3):329-333.
6. Mdinaradze N. Comprehensive treatment of generalized parodontitis. Georgian.Med News 2006;(135):60-63.
7. Padmavathi B, Upreti M, Singh V, et al. Chemoprevention by Hippophae rhamnoides: effects on tumorigenesis, phase II and antioxidant enzymes, and IRF-1 transcription factor. Nutr.Cancer 2005;51(1):59-67.
8. Suomela JP, Ahotupa M, Yang B, et al. Absorption of flavonols derived from sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) and their effect on emerging risk factors for cardiovascular disease in humans. J Agric Food Chem 9-20-2006;54(19):7364-7369.
9. Teng BS, Lu YH, Wang ZT, et al. In vitro anti-tumor activity of isorhamnetin isolated from Hippophae rhamnoides L. against BEL-7402 cells. Pharmacol Res 2006;54(3):186-194.
10. Thumm EJ, Stoss M, Bayerl C, et al. Randomized trial to study efficacy of a 20% and 10% Hippophae rhamnoides containing creme used by patients with mild to intermediate atopic dermatitis. Aktuelle Dermatologie 2000;26(8-9):285-290.
11. Tiitinen KM, Hakala MA, Kallio HP. Quality components of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) varieties. J Agric.Food Chem. 3-9-2005;53(5):1692-1699.
12. Vijayaraghavan R, Gautam A, Kumar O, et al. Protective effect of ethanolic and water extracts of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) against the toxic effects of mustard gas. Indian J Exp Biol 2006;44(10):821-831.
14. Zeb, A. Anticarcinogenic potential of lipids from Hippophae--evidence from the recent literature. Asian Pac.J Cancer Prev. 2006;7(1):32-35.
15. Zhang P, Mao YC, Sun B, et al. [Changes in apoptosis-related genes expression profile in human breast carcinoma cell line Bcap-37 induced by flavonoids from seed residues of Hippophae Rhamnoides L]. Ai.Zheng. 2005;24(4):454-460.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
I'm impressed with Sea Buckhorn Juice Powder.
Product is amazing
I recently purchased the Organic Sea Buckthorn Juice Powder due to the healing properties that I have read about. I have used the oil in facial products and like it. I cannot give feedback on the results, as I just used it today. The product was packaged well. The powder was loose and scooped easily.
I was disappointed that Vitamin C wasn’t listed on the package, as it was in the ad copy, along with other vitamins. Looking at the picture on the site, Vitamin C isn’t included on the picture of the reverse of the package.
I tried the powder in plain water to taste it. It’s a bit bitter and didn’t dissolve completely. I added some tart cherry juice, which made it more palatable. It would be fine added to my regular smoothies. I will update the rating if anything changes.
Z Natural’s organic sea buckthorn juice powder tastes delicious & I love reading about the nutritional value of your products! Keep up the good work!
Sea Buckthorn Juice Powder - Organic