- Organic raw Bladderwrack powder like other sea vegetables is virtually fat-free, low calorie, and one of the most well-known sources of minerals in the vegetable kingdom.
- Bladderwrack seaweed contains calcium and phosphorous; and is a good natural source of magnesium, iron, iodine, and sodium.
- This amazing sea vegetable is also a source of fucoidan, a polysaccharide
Our Raw Organic Bladderwrack comes from the pristine and protected oceans of the North Atlantic.
Whole leaves of organic bladderwrack are sundried and then ground into a powder at low temperatures. Raw bladderwrack seaweed is a natural source of mucilage, algin, mannitol, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, iodine, bromine, potassium as well as volatile oils. In addition, bladderwrack extract may support different facets of health including skin health.
Raw organic bladderwrack seaweed (Fucus Vesiculosus) is a brown seaweed and a great natural source of Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of glandular excretions that may support metabolic health. Diets deficient in iodine may increase retarded brain development in children (cretinism), lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter (a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck). The natural potassium iodide (KI) / from bladderwrack is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Furthermore, bladderwrack may help support healthy alkaline pH balance within the body and may also a healthy immune system response.
When iodine is administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of environmental toxins, it may be used to support the thyroid from ingested unnatural iodine. It is a primary source of the polysaccharide known as alginic acid. Scientific researchers, including a team led by Dr. Tanaka at McGill University, have demonstrated that alginic acid binds with any heavy metals found in the intestines, renders them indigestible, and causes them to be eliminated. Heavy metals such as barium, cadmium, lead, mercury, zinc, and even radioactive strontium; that may be present in the intestines; will not be absorbed by the body when alginic acid is present. What's more, Dr. Tanaka's research has shown that the alginic acid in sea vegetables may actually help support the elimination of specific substances that are already stored in our bodies, thus possibly "lowering the body's burden."
Doctors Seibin and Teruko Arasaki, Japanese scientists, have published several books and reported the elimination properties of alginic acid in their book "Vegetables From the Sea". They conclude that "Inorganic materials taken into the human body are rendered insoluble by alginic acid in the intestines and cannot, therefore, be absorbed into body tissues."
Alginic acid swells upon contact with water. When taken orally, it forms a type of seal at the top of the stomach. For this reason, it is used in several over-the-counter products for heartburn. This same alginic acid constituent gives bladderwrack its laxative properties as other beneficial elements.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of our Raw Organic Bladderwrack Powder may include:
- May support a healthy aging process
- May support a healthy immune response
- Great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
- May possibly support an underactive thyroid
- Possibly helps fight heartburn
- Great natural source of bioavailable iron
- May support healthy lipid levels
- May support healthy viral, coagulant, and thrombotic responses
- Source of fucoidans which may support a healthy inflammation response
- Natural source of vanadium which may support healthy blood sugar levels
Constituents of Bladderwrack include:
Iodine, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Minerals, Trace Metals, Phenolics, Phloroglucinol, Fucpphorethols, Phlorotannins, Alginic Acid, Fucoidan, Lipids, and Sulphuryl-, Sulphonyl- and Phosphonyl-Glycosyl Ester Diglycerides.
Products with no additive: This