- Nutritional yeast flakes is a vegan, high-nutrition food, plant protein, non-GMO, gluten free and chemical free
- Nutritional yeast is a natural source of protein, vitamins, and minerals
- A great addition for vegetarian diets giving a deliciously cheesy taste! ... More info
Nutritional Yeast is high in Nutrition
Nutritional Yeast is a primary grown inactive yeast produced specifically for its inherent nutritional components. All natural low heat dried nutritional yeast flakes are over 50% protein and rich in B vitamins and minerals. Use it in soups, salads, casseroles, and gravies, or sprinkle it on popcorn for a delicious and nutritious cheesy taste. Nutritional yeast is a great addition to vegetarian diets.
Primary grown nutritional yeast is derived from pure strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae grown on mixtures of cane and beet molasses. After the fermentation process is completed the yeast is harvested, thoroughly washed and dried on roller drum dryers. This special growth medium and unique drying process are the secrets to the exceptional performance and flavor of nutritional yeast.
Nutritional yeast is grown specifically for its nutritive value. In addition to protein, vitamins, and minerals, it contains additional functional and beneficial components such as beta-1,3 glucan, trehalose, mannan and glutathione. Studies have shown that these components have potential health benefits such as supporting a healthy immune system response and possibly support healthy lipid levels. Nutritional yeast is not made from byproducts of breweries, distilleries or paper mills. For added benefit, Nutritional Yeast has been fortified with additional B Vitamins. Contains no added sugars or preservatives. Non-GMO and gluten-free.
Some possible traditional uses of Nutritional Yeast flakes may include:
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support healthy lipid level
- A natural source of all B-Complex Vitamins
In a 100g (3.5oz) serving of our Nutritional Yeast Flakes you will get the following B vitamins:
Suggested Use: Sprinkle 1 tablespoon on dishes, popcorn or mix with juice, milk or add to your favorite smoothie.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic lucuma powder in a smoothie.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Ingredients: Dried yeast, niacin (B3), thiamin hydrochloride (B1), folic acid (B9), riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), cobalamin (B12).
Botanical Name: Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Other Names: Savory Yeast, Savory Yeast Flakes, Yeshi, Nooch, Brufax.
Origin: Grown and dried in Estonia. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
• Our Nutritional Yeast Flakes is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
• Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
• Keep your Nutritional Yeast Flakes in a cool, dark, refrigerator.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Caution: Nutritional Yeast yeast contains high amounts of tyramine, a substance that can raise blood pressure in some individuals. Tyramine can specifically interact with MAOIs and potentially cause a rapid and dangerous rise in blood pressure for people taking these medications. If you are taking any medications we recommend consulting your doctor before supplementing with Nutritional Yeast.
Sources & References
1. Brown, Elizabeth (25 April 2009). "Singing the praises of nutritional yeast". Santa Monica Daily Press. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
2. J G Lee HARUKOE (HARUKU)
3. "Nutritional Yeast". bestnaturalfoods.com. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
4. "THE 5 STEPS IN MANUFACTURING NUTRITIONAL YEAST". Lessafre Human Care. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
5. "LIVESTRONG - Nutritional Yeast Flakes Nutritional Facts".
24. Brown, Elizabeth (25 April 2009). "Singing the praises of nutritional yeast". Santa Monica Daily Press. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
25. Stepaniak, Joanne (2003). The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook (10th ed.). Summertown, Tenn.: Book Pub. Co. p. 32. ISBN 978-1-57067-151-7.
26. Wasserman, Debra (1997). Conveniently Vegan (Revised. ed.). Baltimore, Md.: Vegetarian Resource Group. p. 29. ISBN 978-0-931411-18-2.
28. Industrial Exploitation Of Microorganisms. New Delhi: I.K. International Pub. House. 2010. p. 6. ISBN 9789380026534.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )