- Native to the historic Nile valley in Egypt and other hot regions, the aromatic, earthy, slightly spicy flavor makes cumin one of the most consumed spices.
- Traditionally, cumin is found in Indian cuisine because of its wonderful flavor and to support digestion.
- Our Organic Ground Cumin is very versatile and enjoyed in virtually any dish to bring out its flavor, including marinades, meat and vegetable dishes, rubs, soups, and sauces.
Organic Ground Cumin Powder
If you love tacos, potatoes, chili, soups, burgers, bar-b-q rubs, Indian food, or pretty much anything else, our Organic Ground Cumin Powder deserves a space in your spice cabinet.
In fact, Ground Cumin is one of the most commonly used spices. But most don’t know that this fragrant, peppery, versatile spice has been used for thousands of years as a traditional health remedy, including digestive health and as an aphrodisiac.
What is Cumin Powder?
Cumin has a very distinctive, unique, and strong flavor. Its aroma is due to its essential oil content. A member of the parsley family, Cumin powder comes from the dried seed of the herb cumin cyminum. First found in the Mediterranean, cumin has been used as a spice and a healing agent for thousands of years. In fact, this spicy herb is mentioned in the Bible and has been unearthed in ancient Egyptian tombs. There’s no shortage of delicious, healing history for cumin.(2)
Aromatic, Lightly-Peppered, and Slightly-Spicy Cumin Powder
Seasoning with cumin has a long tradition in many countries, such as India, Egypt, Syria, and Morocco. Cumin goes great with just about any dish but is used most notably in chili, curry, masala, stews, and soups. And just like we keep salt and pepper on the dining table, the ancient Greeks kept cumin seeds as a staple on their table.
Cumin is a valuable source of B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, and manganese and is also a source of monounsaturated fats, protein, and dietary fiber. (1,2)
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Ground Cumin Powder may include: (1,2)
- May support healthy digestion
- May provide support for diarrhea and colic
- May support relief from gas and bloating
- May be used as an aphrodisiac
- May be used as a diuretic
- May supports elimination
- May decrease blood sugar
- May have antidiabetic effects
Constituents of Cumin include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E (Alpha), Vitamin K
Chemical constituents of Cumin (1)
- The main constituents are cuminaldehyde and cuminic alcohol.
- Other important compounds are the substituted pyrazines, 2-ethoxy-3-isopropylpyrazine, 2-methoxy-3-sec-butylpyrazine, and 2-methoxy-3-methylpyrazine.
- Other components include γ-terpinene, safranal, p-cymene, and β-pinene
Suggested Use:Mix 1 Teaspoons (2.7g) or more in your favorite foods to enhance the flavor and nourishing qualities.
Botanical Name: Cuminum cyminum
Other Names: Black Cumin Seed Oil, Comino, Cumin de Malte, Cuminum cyminum, Cuminum odorum, Cummin, Jeeraka, Zira
Ingredients: Organic Cumin Ground.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- We recommend refrigerating your product to maintain freshness.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum) and black cumin (Nigella sativa) seeds: traditional uses, chemical constituents, and nutraceutical effects : https://academic.oup.com/fqs/article/2/1/1/4823052
- Cumin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumin
Sources & References
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )