- A complete protein, low in fat and high in valuable potassium, Organic Puffed Millet is a delicious alternative to rice, contains no wheat and is gluten-free.
- Dating back 5,000 years, this nutritious whole grain offers a mild and sweet flavor and is puffed into a crispy delightful crunch.
- When added to any soup, salad, or snack, Organic Puffed Millet will raise the nutrition and taste-factor to a whole new level... More
About our Organic Puffed Millet
Puffed Millet is a nutritious, puffed ingredient produced from Non-GMO millet.
This mildly sweet, starchy, and nutty grain has a distinctive puffed texture and
provides protein, fiber, and iron. Millet is fairly strong in taste and often used in bread, breakfast porridge dishes, savory pilafs, or as a substitute for rice and breakfast cereals.
Millets have been an important food for at least 7,000 years, and some historians have found evidence that millet may have been more important in early history than rice.
Also reported in early Greece at about 3000 BCE, ancient bulk storage containers stored millet in Macedonia and northern Greece.
Widely consumed in hot, dry climates, millet is a favorite in parts of Western Africa, is the main ingredient in popular Vietnamese foods, and is the base ingredient to create distilled liquor in India.
Millets are a small grain and grow around the year in warm-weather climates. Similar to other cereals, millets belong to the grass family with similar nutrient content.
Health Benefits of Organic Millet: A Nutritional Superfood
Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine”. Millet is a true traditional medicinal food. Because of its nourishing magnesium levels, millet may support blood vessel health via blood vessel relaxation. This in turn may support healthy circulation and a healthy cardiovascular system.
Millet is very popular among people who have gluten-related disorders and wheat allergy sufferers as millet is gluten-free.
Because research has shown the link between low fiber diets and a variety of health issues, millet is a superfood traditionally used in one’s diet to support digestive, cardiovascular, and lipid health.
Real organic millet with a delicious light “crunch”. You can eat puffed millet just like popcorn, add coconut milk for a delicious breakfast cereal replacement, or add to almost anything!
Our Organic Puffed Millet is the perfect add-on to any soup, salad or snack if you are looking to increase nutritional value and a “crunch factor”. Whether you use this super snack as an add-on or just eat it right out of the bag, you can be sure that Z Natural Foods has brought you the ultimate in superfood nutrition.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Puffed Millet may include:
- Made in the U.S.A. with Organic Millet
- No salt, flavorings, additives, or processing aids
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May support digestive health
- A delicious crunch factor
- May support cardiovascular health
- Nourishing levels of magnesium, iron, and phosphorus
- A complete source of protein containing all essential amino acids
Constituents of Millet:
- Fiber, dietary
- Fats: Saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, omega-3, omega-6
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, selenium
- Vitamins: C, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9
Suggested Use: Snack by the crunchy handful, sprinkle on soups, salad, or other dishes.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Puffed Millet
Ingredients: Organic Puffed Millet.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Botanical name: Panicum miliaceum
Origin: Grown and harvested in the USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Puffed Millet in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )