These nutritious kernels contain phenolic antioxidants, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and copper. Traditionally, sunflower seed kernels have been used for their multitude of health benefits. They are thought to possibly support healthy cardiovascular function, optimal blood circulation, a healthy weight, vibrant skin, nails and hair, proper brain function and a positive outlook. In addition, some alternative practitioners recommend eating sunflower seed kernels because they may help to reduce tension and anxiety.
Our sunflower seed kernels are great as a snack, on salads, in side dishes, as a casserole topper, and much more. They’re especially great for kids and on the go snacking. Sunflower seeds make a great fuel food for athletic activities including sports and gym workouts. All you need is a daily handful and you'll reap the nutritional benefits.
Some possible benefits of Raw Organic Sunflower Seed Kernels may include:
- May help support a healthy immune response
- May help maintain a healthy weight
- Possibly supports optimal brain function and GABA levels
- May help promote a positive outlook
- Possibly reduces tension and anxiety
- May support a healthy pregnancy
- May support balanced energy levels
- May help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system
- Possibly supports hair, skin, and nail growth
Constituents of Sunflower Seeds include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
- Fatty Acids: Lecithin
Suggested Use: Open the bag and enjoy! Sprinkle in salads or add to a variety of cooked dishes and baked goods. Enhance the taste by toasting the sunflower kernels in a large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Sprinkle lightly with Himalayan Salt. Cool before consuming.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic pumpkin seeds and 70% dark chocolate chips.
Botanical Name: Helianthus annuus.
Other Names: Common Sunflower.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Sunflower Seed Kernels.
Origin: Grown and harvested in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Sunflower Seed Kernels pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals, and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers raw organic Sunflower Seeds packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your organic raw Sunflower Seed Kernels in a cool, dark, dry place.
Sources & References
1. Ensminger AH, Ensminger, ME, Kondale JE, Robson JRK. Foods & Nutriton Encyclopedia. Pegus Press, Clovis, California. 1983.
2. Ensminger AH, Esminger M. K. J. e. al. Food for Health: A Nutrition Encyclopedia. Clovis, California: Pegus Press; 1986. 1986. PMID:15210.
3. Fortin, Francois, Editorial Director. The Visual Foods Encyclopedia. Macmillan, New York. 1996.
4. Phillips KM, Ruggio DM, Ashraf-Khorassani M. Phytosterol composition of nuts and seeds commonly consumed in the United States. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Nov 30;53(24):9436-45. 2005. PMID:16302759.
5. Vogt, T. M. Ziegler, R. G. Graubard, B. I et al. Serum selenium and risk of prostate cancer in U.S. blacks and whites. Int J Cancer. 2003 Feb 20; 103(5):664-70. 2003.
6. Wood, Rebecca. The Whole Foods Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Prentice-Hall Press; 1988. 1988. PMID:15220.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )