- Centella asiatica, commonly known as centella and gotu kola, is a small, herbaceous, annual plant of the family Mackinlayaceae and is native to the wetlands in Asia.
- It is used as a medicinal herb in Ayurvedic medicine, traditional African medicine, and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Herbalists and naturopathic practitioners strongly believe that gotu kola may have several powerful qualities.
Gotu Kola (non-GMO) has been traditionally used as a remedy for countless ailments. It has been used extensively over several thousand years in remedies supporting a multitude of different areas of health and wellbeing. Many holistic practitioners uphold that the
Recent studies confirm many of
Supporting the nervous system may be necessary when one has a predisposition to
One of the many possible benefits of Gotu Kola may include its effectiveness in supporting the overall health of skin like cellulite and keloids. The hardening of connective tissue cells below
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Gotu Kola Leaf Powder may include:
- May support glandular health
- May aid a healthy nervous system
- May support the healing process of wounds & burns
- May support the healing of connective tissue & skin
- May help to relieve physical & mental exhaustion
- May support a healthy stress response
- May aid with healthy brain function
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May support cognitive function
- Possibly supports a healthy inflammation response
- May aid vein health
Constituents of Gotu Kola include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Beta carotene
- Amino Acids: Glutamic Acid, Glycine
- Triterpenes: Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid,, Oxyasiaticoside, Centelloside
- Triterpenoid Glycosides: Asiaticoside
- Volatile oil: Vallerin
- Glycoside: Madicassoside
- Saponin Glycosides: Brahminoside, Brahmoside
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt, or add to your favorite smoothie.
Infusion: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of product for every 8 ounces of distilled water. Bring water to a boil and then take off
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our bacopa leaf powder as a tincture or infusion.
Botanical Name: Centella Asiatica.
Other Names: Indian Pennywort, Marsh Penny, Spadeleaf, Tiger's Herb, Brahmi, and Pennywort.
Parts Used: Gotu Kola Leaf.
Ingredients: Raw Gotu Kola Leaf.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up,resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.