Our raw organic Dulse Powder is a natural source of minerals and can be included in practically any dish. We recommend sprinkling it on top of entrees, soups and salads. Or it can be added to smoothies, teas and iced drinks. Our Dulse Powder comes from the pristine and protected oceans off the coast of Canada.
Dulse is also a great natural source of Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for supporting a healthy thyroid that regulates growth and metabolism. Iodine / Potassium Iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may be used to protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine. But Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine. This natural form of Iodine from dulse is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Furthermore, dulse helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also supports a healthy immune system response.
Dulse, contains around 10 - 20% protein and a whole slew of vitamins and minerals including alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, cobalt, lutein, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin, selenium, silicon, sodium, tin, zeaxanthin, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, iodine, manganese, copper, chromium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E and zinc. Unlike other seaweeds, it is relatively low in sodium.
Dulse powder is a natural source of other phytochemicals and minerals. The complex polysaccharides in the herb make it a gentle alternative to psyllium or senna for supporting healthy bowels. There are anecdotal reports that the daily use of a few flakes of Dulse can relieve cyclic mastalgia after two months. Dulse is also eaten with fish and butter, boiled with milk and rye flour, or as a relish. The gelatinous substance contained in Dulse is a thickening agent and imparts a reddish color to the food with which it is mixed.
In several traditions of European herbal medicine, dulse powder was used to support a healthy detoxification response. Diets deficient in iodine increase the risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain and goiter: a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck.
Some possible traditional uses of our Raw Organic Dulse Seaweed Powder may include:
- May support a healthy detoxification response
- Great natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
- May support a healthy immune response
- One of the richest plant sources of calcium
- Contains more vitamin C than oranges
- May support healthy bowel function
- May aid in healthy heart vessels
- May support waste movement & digestion
- Source of minerals: iodine, calcium, iron, magnesium
- May possess antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Polysaccharides: important in the prevention of degenerative diseases
- May support a healthy thyroid
- Excellent source of bioavailable iron
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Antiviral, anticoagulant & antithrombotic properties
- Contains fucoidans which may support a healthy inflammation response
- Source of the mineral vanadium which appears to play a multi-faceted role in the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism & blood sugar
Constituents of Dulse include:
- Minerals: potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, iodine, flourine, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Alpha carotene, Vitamin A, Lutein,
- Amino Acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, Valine and tryptophan
- Essential Fatty Acids: Omega 3 & 6
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Take 1/4 teaspoon 1 - 3 times daily.
- Sprinkle on salad or add to salad dressings
- Add to soups, stews, chowders and casseroles
- Add to fish sauces for sea flavor
- Bake in breads
- Complements most cheeses, nuts, seeds, potatoes, tomatoes, seafood, salads and all sea vegetables.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic carrot, beet, tomato powders in a smoothie.
Botanical Name: Palmaria Palmata.
Other Names: dillisk, dilsk, red dulse, sea lettuce flakes, and creathnach.
Parts Used: Whole, Dulse.
Ingredients: Raw Dulse.
Origin: Grown and dried in Nova Scotia Canada. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our raw Dulse powder is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers organic raw Dulse powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your raw Organic Dulse powder in a cool, dark, dry place.