Is Erythritol Sweetener the Best Sugar Substitute?
- No calories, virtually sweet as sugar (80%), certified tooth-friendly, no dangerous blood sugar spikes AND a healthy antioxidant!
Erythritol is a polyol which is another name for a type of sugar substitute (sugar alcohol) which has been approved for use in the United States and throughout much of the world.
Erythritol occurs naturally in mushrooms, fermented foods, and various fruits, such as grapes, melons and pears, and it is also found in supplement form as a crystalline powder. Laxative side effects sometimes associated with excessive polyol consumption are unlikely when consuming Erythritol.
Erythritol has been certified as tooth-friendly. The sugar alcohol cannot be metabolized by oral bacteria, and so does not contribute to tooth decay. Interestingly, erythritol exhibits some, but not all, of xylitol's tendency to "starve" harmful bacteria. Unlike xylitol, erythritol is actually absorbed into the bloodstream after consumption but before excretion.
A new study from The Netherlands says erythritol may exert a strong antioxidant activity which may protect the vascular health of diabetics.
The study with diabetic rats found that the sweetener could protect the cells lining the blood vessels from oxidative stress, a key process in the development of heart disease, according to findings from researchers from Maastricht University and Tate & Lyle.
Some possible benefits of our Organic Erythritol may include:
- Clean taste like regular sugar (about 80% as sweet as sugar) without the negative effects
- Does not promote tooth decay
- Safe for people with diabetes (0 on the glycemic scale)
- Clean sweet taste with no aftertaste
- Low laxative effect
- Possibly reducing the glycemic impact of a food/beverage, thereby reducing the effects of hyperglycemia-induced free radical formation
- Protecting the cells lining the blood vessels from oxidative stress
- High digestive tolerance
- Listed by U.S. FDA as a GRAS (generally recognized as safe) substance, the highest-safety designation, like foodstuffs
Our Erythritol is produced in a GMP / ISO9001 certified facility and meets the standards of purity set by US Pharmacopoeia. Each batch undergoes extensive testing for purity and safety.
* Warning: May be fatal to pets including dogs & cats!
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Use as a tabletop sugar replacement. Add as desired to recipes, drinks or baked goods.
Ingredients: Organic Erythritol
Origin: China - Certified USDA Organic. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.