Forskohlii Root Powder is an incredible root used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is a member of the mint and lavender family, which grows in the mountains of Asia. Forskohlii is such a remarkable root that it has been utilized by humans for thousands of years and recorded in Sanskrit texts as an ancient medicine used to possibly support healthy functioning of the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive and nervous systems.
Indigenous to India, Forskolin is a diterpene from the roots of the Indian plant, Coleus forskohlii. Diterpenes are known to possibly have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and expectorant properties. Extensive scientific studies have been conducted on forskolin and its possibly supportive properties for serious health issues including cystic fibrosis, malignant tumors, cancer, HIV, polycystic kidney disease, asthma, chronic rhinosinusitis and more.
In addition, forskolin may initiate chemical reactions that could cause fat cells to release their energy and dissolve. Non-GMO forskolin has a similar cascade of biological effects as ephedrine (without the harmful side effects). In fact, scientists have studied these effects of coleus for over 15 years and have found an abundance of possible benefits including body fat reduction and lean body mass enhancement.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Coleus Forskohlii Root Powder may include:
- Possibly supports healthy cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive and nervous systems
- Contains diterpenes which may have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and expectorant properties
- May enhance antibiotic efficacy and possibly kill bacteria that normally survives
- May support healthy testosterone production
- May help to maintain strong vitality and stamina levels
- May support healthy levels of cyclic AMP (cAMP)
- Possibly helps to maintain lean muscle mass
- May support a healthy urinary tract
- May help with spasmodic muscles and pain
- May support a healthy weight
- Possibly balances sleep rhythms
- May support a strong metabolism
Constituents of Forskohlii include:
- Phytochemicals: Flavonoids, Alkaloids, Glycosides, Phenols, Terpenoids, Saponins, Tannins, Carboxylic acid, Coumarins, Quionones, Xanthopretins
- 14-Deoxycoleon U: Demethylcryptojaponol, AlPha-Amyrin, Betulic Acid, Alpha-Cedrol, Beta-Sitosterol
- Chamaecydin:6 alpha-hydroxydemethylcryptojaponol, Alpha-cedrene, Oleanolic acid, forskolin G, Forskolin J, 1,6-diacetyl-9-deoxyforskolin, forskolin A (8), Forskolin H (9), 6-Acetyl-1-Deoxyforskolin, Betulinic acid, Beta-sitosterol
- Lupeol: Oleanolic acid, Uvalo, Beta-sitosterol, Colonic acid, Demethylcryptojaponol, Coleolic acid
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Decoction: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of herb for every 10 ounces of water. Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover & lower to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to sit for another 10 minutes. Strain and serve (this method is specific for barks and roots).
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5 minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our premium acai powder.
Botanical Name: Coleus forskohlii.
Other Names: Makandi, Sanskrit, Coleus, Rainbow Foliage, forskolin, Indian Coleus, Plectranthus barbatus, Maigoya, Coleus forskolin.
Parts Used: Forskohlii Root.
Ingredients: Forskohlii Root.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.