Green tea originates from China and has become associated with many cultures in Asia from Japan to the Middle East. Recently it has become more widespread in the West, where black tea is traditionally consumed. Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting regular green tea drinkers may have lower chances of chronic illness due to its nourishing abilities. Researchers have found an apparent connection between green tea consumption and a nourishing effect on healthy blood sugar levels. The key player in this new study is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in the tea. The tea has also been useful for supporting a healthy body weight.
Green tea is a relative newcomer in the bone-health arena, but previous studies have also found that epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a component of green tea may support a healthy inflammation response which may play a role in breaking down bone.
It may also help support healthy liver function after a liver transplant. Green tea may even support the body's ability to burn fat. This function may be related to a class of polyphenols called catechins -- naturally occurring antioxidants that have a number of physiological and pharmacological properties. Our Green Tea Bags are made with high grade organic Chinese green tea leaves - naturally high in antioxidants. There are approximately 170 naturally caffeinated organic tea bags per pound.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Green Tea Bags may include:
- May support a healthy heart
- May support a healthy brain
- May support healthy lipid levels
- May help keep bones strong
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- Possibly prevents the reduction of glutathione by 87-100%
- May support healthy skin
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support a healthy immune system response
- Possibly aids adrenal function
- May support maintain a healthy body weight
- May help to inhibit the matrix metalloproteinases enzyme, which contributes to age-related degradation of the skin matrix
Constituents of Green tea include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Beta carotene, Vitamin E
- Amino Acids: Theanine, Gaba
- Xanthine Derivatives: Caffeine, Theophylline, Theobromine, Theanine
- Phytochemicals: Polyphenols, Tannins, Flavan-3-ol, Catechin, Gallic Acid, Epicatechin, Epicatechin 3-gallate, Epigallocatechin, Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate (EGCG), 3-Gallate, Saponins, Theogallin
- Catechins: Catechin, Epicatechin, Gallocatechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin gallate, Epigallocatechin gallate
- Polyphenolic Compounds: Flavanols, Flavandiols, Flavonoids
Suggested Use: Infusion - Use the ratio of 1 tea bag of product for every 8 ounces of distilled water. Bring water to a boil and then take off stove. Put tea in pot or a mug fill with water and cover for 15 minutes. (This method is specific for whole leaf herbs and teas).
Botanical Name: Camellia sinensis.
Other Names: Camellia sinensis, Kai Hua Long Ding, Hou Kui, Camellia thea, Dragonwell Green Tea, Camellia theifera, Gunpowder, Constituant Polyphenolique de The Vert, Green Snail Spring, CPTV, Green Tip, EGCG, Epigallo Catechin Gallate, Epigallo-Catechine Gallate, Monkey Tea, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Sencha, Extrait de Camellia Sinensis, Extrait de The, Extrait de The Vert, Hyson Lucky Dragon, Extrait de Thea Sinensis, Green Sencha Tea, Green Tea Extract, Green Tea Polyphenolic Fraction, Long Jing, GTP, GTPF, Japanese Tea, Pi Lo Chun, Kunecatechins, Bancha, Poly E, Matcha, Polyphenon E, Houjicha, PTV, Kukicha, Te Verde, Genmaicha, Tea Extract, Tea Green, The, The de Camillia, Popcorn Tea, The Japonais, The Vert, The Vert de Yame, Gyokuro, The Vert Sensha, Thea bohea, Snowy Mountain Jian, Thea sinensis, Thea viridis, Yame Green Tea, Xin Yang Mao Jian, Yame Tea, Chinese tea, Tian Mu Qing Ding.
Ingredients: Organic Green Tea.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Green Tea is certified organic and pass our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Green Tea Bags packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Green Tea in a cool, dark, dry place.