Organic Paprika Powder
One of the most common spices in the cabinet is Paprika. But most don’t know that this wonderfully versatile spice originates from hot peppers, particularly the fruits of the capsicum annuum plant.
But is it super spicy?
It depends. If you like it on the hotter side, choose cayenne. For a more mild heat, paprika is the common choice. Paprika can come in a lot of different varieties. While paprika does have a touch of spicy heat -- our Organic Paprika Powder is on the mild side of the spicy pepper spectrum. Oftentimes, some spicier paprika powders are cut from a hotter cayenne pepper. Our milder paprika won’t win any ‘hottest chili awards’ based on the heat index, but our Spanish paprika does have a nice warm smoky flavor.
The deep red paprika color mainly comes from carotenoids, such as capsanthin and capsorubin.
Mild, Smoky-Flavored Spanish Paprika Powder
Seasoning with paprika has a long tradition in many countries, such as Spain, Hungary, and Mexico. Paprika goes great with just about any dish, including eggs, meat, poultry, stew, fish, shellfish, soup, vegetables, rice, and sauces.
Paprika is packed with beta-carotene and vitamin C. It's also a good source of thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese, and vitamin A, vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), vitamin K, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, iron and potassium.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Paprika Powder may include:
- Supports healthy blood flow from the head to the feet
- Being great for heartburn
- Kidneys, spleen & pancreas support
- Inducing frequent bowel movements (above 20 grams)
- May support a healthy liver
- Easing toothache & preserving the teeth from rotting
- May support healthy digestion
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- May support the healing of ulcers in the mouth, strep throat & tonsillitis
- May support the healing of a sore ulcerated stomach
- May support the reduction of blood clots
- May support a healthy appetite
- Supports elimination
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- May support healthy lipid levels
Constituents of Paprika include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E (Alpha), Vitamin K
- Phyto-Nutrients: Carotene A&B, Cryptoxanthin-B
- Phytochemicals: Capsaicinoids, Capsaicin, Dihydrocapsaicin, Nordihydrocapsaicin, Homodihydrocapsaicin, Homocapsaicin
Suggested Use: Mix ¼ teaspoons (0.6g) or more in your favorite foods to enhance the flavor and nourishing qualities.
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5-minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum L.
Other Names: pimenton, smoked pimenton, sweet paprika, Spanish paprika
Ingredients: Organic Spanish Paprika.
Origin: Grown and dried in Spain. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- We recommend refrigerating your product to maintain freshness.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.