Organic Guarana Powder
Traditionally used to support healthy bowels, native cultures found that Guarana Seeds could also be used to stimulate mental alertness and support a healthy appetite.
The guarana tree is named after the Guarani Indians, a South American tribe that used it to support a healthy digestive system and support healthy stamina and physical endurance levels.
Guarana drinks are extremely popular in Brazilian culture. Many people take it daily as a health tonic to possibly relieve heat exhaustion, support healthy aging and healthy detoxification in the body. Guarana soda is actually Brazil's national beverage!
One of the active ingredients in Organic non-GMO Guarana is called guaranine. Today, guaranine is marketed to Western consumers in popular energy drinks. Some research claims that guaranine actually is caffeine. However, there are beneficial antioxidants in guaranine that are not found in other caffeine sources.
Guarana is the largest provider of caffeine found in nature containing around seven percent more caffeine than other plants and close to two and a half times the amount of caffeine found in coffee. The main difference in the caffeine found in guarana comes from the way it is released into the body. Guaranine is not water-soluble and therefore is released into the bloodstream at a much slower rate, providing a longer sustained effect as a stimulant. Guarana slows down digestion, keeping food in the stomach longer, which may promote feelings of fullness.
Guarana may also be beneficial to the heart and may support healthy blood pressure levels.
Guarana seed has been used traditionally for years in the Amazon to boost energy, suppress appetite and stimulate the overall body and mind. This secret of the rainforest is now available to you.
Get energized and invigorated with our Organic Guarana Powder!
Some possible traditional uses of Guarana Powder may include:
- Yields approximately 3 - 5% caffeine
- May support energy, strength, & stamina
- May support a healthy metabolism
- May help to fight fatigue
- May aid a healthy appetite
- May support healthy weight management
- May support mental alertness & memory
- May aid the body's detox process
- Possibly provides headache/migraine relief
- May possess antioxidant properties
- May support healthy skin
- Possibly aids a healthy digestive system
- May help to reduce fever
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- Possibly supports a healthy heart
- May contain astringent, antioxidant & analgesic properties
Constituents of Guarana include:
- Phytochemicals: Guarana-tannic acid, Caffeine, Pyro-guarana acid, Saponins, Tannin, Theobromine, Theophylline, Xanthine
- Other: Pectin, malic acid, mucilage, dextrin, salts, Vegetable fiber, Reddish resin, Starch, Water
Suggested Use: Take 1 teaspoon (2g) in the morning. Two grams of guarana seed powder contains approximately 80 mg of natural caffeine.
Infusion: Use the ratio of 1 tablespoon of product for every 8 ounces of distilled water. Bring water to a boil and then take off stove. Put tea in pot or a mug fill with water and cover for 15 minutes. (This method is specific for whole leaf herbs and teas.)
Tincture: This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5-minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed: Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Miscellaneous facts about our Organic Guarana Powder
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic extra rich cacao powder in a smoothie.
Botanical Name: Paullinia Cupana Kunth
Other Names: Guarana, guarana kletterstrauch, guaranastruik, quarana, quarane, cupana, Brazilian cocoa, uabano, uaranzeiro, Cacao Brésilien
Ingredients: Guarana Seed.
Origin: Brazil - Wildcrafted
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- ZNaturalFoods.com offers our Organic Guarana Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Guarana Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
About Z Natural Foods
Please go here to learn more about Z Natural Foods and discover the important steps we take to bring you fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.