Organic Mung Bean Sprouts contain pure natural forms of vitamins A, B, C, and E, in addition to an assortment of minerals including calcium, iron and potassium. Mung bean sprouts are free of cholesterol and are ideal for anyone counting calories. One cup of mung bean sprouts contain approximately 30 calories, 3 grams of protein, 6 carbohydrates, and only 0.2 grams of fat. Sprouts also contain a high source of fiber, are easily digestible and contain a high concentration of enzymes facilitating the digestive process.
Constituents of Mung Bean Sprouting Seeds include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta & Alpha carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine. Serine, Glutathione
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Quercetin
- Isoflavones: Diadzein, Genistein, Coumestrol
- Fatty Acids: Alpha-Linolenic-Acid, Linoleic-Acid, Linolenic-Acid, Oleic-Acid
- Phytochemicals: Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Uridine-Diphospate, Uridine-Diphosphate, Galacturonic- Acid, Uridine-Diphosphate-Gluronic- Acid, Uridine-Diphosphate-N-Acetyl-Glucosamine, Pufa, Mufa, Myristic-Acid, Flavadenine-Dinucleotide, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine-Diphosphate, Adenosine-Diphosphate-D-Ribose, Adenosine-Triphosphate
For additional constituent information, visit:
Suggested Use: Soak 1/2 cup of mung bean sprouting seeds in cool 70ºF filtered water for 12 hours. Then rinse and drain well. Keep seeds out of direct sunlight and rinse and drain thoroughly with cool water every 8 to 12 hours for the next 3 days. On day 4, either do one final rinse and then dry with a paper towel or if you wish to have larger roots, rinse and relocate your mung bean sprouts to get indirect sun light and let grow. Continue to rinse and drain every 8 to 12 hours. On day 5, when sprouts have reached the desired length, rinse and dry with a paper towel. Once dry, put in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Yields approximately 1 - 2 cups (8 oz) of sprouts.
Botanical Name: Vigna Radiata.
Other Names: green bean, mung, mongo, moong, moog dal, mash bean, munggo or monggo, green gram, golden gram, green soy, frijol mungo.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Mung Bean Sprouting Seeds.
Origin: Grown in Canada. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Z Natural Foods strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Mung Bean Sprouting Seed is certified organic and passes our strict quality assurance which typically includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Mung Bean Sprouting Seed packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Mung Bean Sprouting Seed in a cool, dark, dry place.