In India, it is thought that the each part of the neem tree has a different medicinal property. The therapeutic benefits of neem are even spoken about in the ancient Vedas, the oldest texts of Sanscript literature. It has been widely used in Ayurvedic, unani and homeopathic medicine for thousands of years. The Sanskrit name of the neem tree is Arishtha which means "reliever of sickness". It is also known as Indian Lilac or Persian Lilac. Our Neem Leaf Powder comes from the neem evergreen tree and is cultivated in India, like it has been for thousands of years.
The tree is still regarded as the 'village dispensary' in India. It was recognized in Indian culture that neem has the potential for an abundance of medicinal applications. So much so that the neem tree was recognized by the National Academy of Sciences. In 1992, this extremely reputable organization, founded by Alexander Dallas Bache and Abraham Lincoln, published a report entitled "Neem – a tree for solving global problems".
More than 135 compounds have been isolated from various components of neem. These compounds can be split into two major classes: isoprenoids and non-isoprenoids. Some noteworthy biological constituents of neem include azadirachtin, meliacin, gedunin, salanin, nimbin, valassin and many other major bioactive potential compounds. Today, this has led to many commercial formulated products such as garden spray, insect and pest repellant, skin care products, acne remedies, hair oil, and head lice shampoo.
Neem oil, bark and leaf extracts have been therapeutically used as alternative medicine to possibly support the body's natural healing response to leprosy, intestinal helminthiasis, respiratory disorders, constipation, rheumatism, chronic syphilitic sores, and indolent ulcers. Traditional medicine documents that when neem bark, leaf, root, flower and fruit are combined it may support the body's natural ability to alleviate blood morbidity, biliary afflictions, itching, skin ulcers, burning sensations and pthysis.
Some possible benefits of our raw organic Neem Leaf powder may include:
- May support a healthy inflammation, viral and fungal response
- May support healthy circulatory, respiratory & digestive systems
- May support the body's natural detoxification process
- Possibly supports the body's natural ability to alleviate skin conditions
- Possibly supports the body in ridding itself of internal/external parasites
- May support healthy liver function
- May support oral health
Constituents of Neem Leaf include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Beta carotene
- Amino Acids: Glutamic acid, Tyrosine, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Proline, Glutamine
- Terpenoids: Protolimonnoids, Limonoids, Pentatriterpenoids, Hexatriterpenoids
- Phytochemicals: Azadirachtin, Nimbin, Nimbidin, Nimbidol, Sodium nimbinate, Gedunin, Salannin, Quercetin, isomeldenin, 6-desacetyllnimbinene, nimocinol, quercetin, and beta-sitosterol, Azadirachtin, Salannin, Azadirone, Amoorastatin, Vepinin, Vilasinin
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: One teaspoon twice daily.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our cooling peppermint tea.
Botanical Name: Azadirachta indica.
Other Names: Indian Lilac, Margosa Tree, Neem Chal.
Ingredients: Organic Neem Leaf Powder.
Parts Used: Neem Leaf.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.