Organic Orange Juice Powder
Sweet oranges have a distinct origin from the bitter orange, which may have arisen independently in the wild. The earliest mention of the sweet orange in Chinese literature dates from 314 B.C.
Orange trees are typically grown in tropical climates. The fruit is delicious eaten fresh as well as processed for its juice and even for its highly fragrant orange peel (zest).
The orange was introduced to Spain and really took root in the 10th century when complex irrigation systems could support orange orchards. Citrus fruits, including the bitter orange, were introduced to Sicily in the 9th century and the sweet orange entered the scene in the 15th century when orange trees were brought by merchants into the Mediterranean area. The delicious sweet orange quickly became a popular, edible fruit.
Spanish travelers also brought the sweet orange to South America, Mexico, and Florida in the 15th and 16th centuries.
Orange trees are found to be the most cultivated fruit tree in the world. Sweet oranges account for more than 2/3rds of citrus production, including lemons, limes, and grapefruit.
The juicy fruit is orange, round in shape and has a wonderfully aromatic rind with powerful essential oils that gives off the refreshing scent. The citrus genus which includes lemons, citrons, grapefruits, pomelos, and mandarins is in the rutaceae family which originated in tropical and subtropical southeast Asia. Most of the fruits in this family are hybrids.
High in Vitamin C -- Known to Support a Healthy Immune System Response
Oranges are well known for their vitamin C content which is known to support a healthy immune system response. That is only one of the many powerful constituents found in this tasty, sweet fruit. Some of the other compounds found in orange are citric acid known to support healthy kidney function.
Oranges are a cheap and simple food for replenishing the body of electrolytes. Whether in the summer as a refreshing orange juice or in the winter as a hot drink with honey to nourish and soothe the body: it is very restorative. Our amazing orange powder is now just one more easy way for you to incorporate this wonderful food into your daily life.
Some possible traditional uses of our Organic Orange Juice Powder may include:
- A nourishing source of vitamin c and other naturally occurring compounds
- May support colon health due to it being a nourishing source of pectin
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support healthy pH levels
- May support healthy liver function
- May support healthy gallbladder function
- May support healthy digestion
- May replenish electrolytes and body salts
Constituents of orange include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, B-complex (no b12), Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, Beta Cryptoxanthin, Lutein, Zeaxanthin
- Flavanones: Eriodictyol, Hesperetin, Naringenin
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon (12 g) with 4 oz of water to make juice, add in to your favorite smoothie, or use to flavor yogurt and other treats.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic acerola and camu camu powders.
Botanical Name: Citrus X sinensis
Ingredients: Organic Orange Juice, Organic Maltodextrin.*
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
*This product contains a small amount of Organic Rice Maltodextrin which acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick. Go here to learn more about why we use non-GMO Yuca Maltodextrin in some products.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Orange Juice Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Orange Juice Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.