- Our Organic Assam Loose Leaf Tea is naturally caffeinated.
- It is flavorful with excellent astringency, making it one of the most popular black teas on the market.
- We recommend preparing it English style with your favorite cakes, scones, and biscuits; or as a nourishing beverage combined with one of our all-natural sweeteners... More Info
Assam Loose Leaf Tea is one of the finest black teas available. Many people prefer to drink black tea over coffee, for its caffeine content without the jitters that coffee may cause. Black tea has been revered in holistic communities for its possible antioxidant properties; soothing and rejuvenating qualities; and use as a medicinal drink.
Our Assam Tea is brisk and biscuity (a term professional tasters use to describe a well-fired Assam). The perfect tea temperature and perfect timing is equated to biscuity. Assam teas pair well with almost any variety of biscuits, cakes, or scones making it a great tea for brunch or entertaining. When prepared properly, brews into a burgundy-red color with a rich aroma and strong malty taste. You can drink it plain or try it with our plant-based milk and sweeteners.
Assam tea is the second most popular beverage in the world after water and has been a part of medicinal and cultural traditions for centuries. It is the most commercialized tea in India, and the only type of tea in India that is grown at sea level. The high daytime temperatures, monsoon-like rainfalls, and extreme humidity make the perfect growing conditions for this malty-flavored beverage.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Assam Black Tea may include:
- Great alternative to coffee and caffeinated soda
- May support healthy stress response
- May support mental health and memory
- Possibly helps the body fight against cell mutation
- Possibly supports the body’s natural defense against stroke
- Source of flavonoids, which may support insulin sensitivity
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
This is a naturally caffeinated organic loose tea blend.
Suggested Use: To make an Infusion use the ratio of 1 teaspoon of product for every 8 ounces of distilled water. Bring water to a boil and then take off stove. Put tea in pot or a mug fill with water and cover for 15 minutes. (This method is specific for whole leaf herbs and teas).
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic coconut milk powder.
Ingredients: Organic Assam Tea.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. The Reader's Digest World Atlas, pp. 141"“142. ISBN 963-9562-54-8.
2. "Tea Cultivation", fmltea.com. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
3. "From Tea to Ashram", Sat Tal Christian Ashram. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
4. 4.0 4.1 "Tea Plantation", Assam Company India Limited. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
5. "About Us", Assam Company India Limited. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.