- Our Organic Lion's Mane Mushroom Premium Extract Powder (standardized to 5% Beta Glucan) has a rich history in Chinese medicine.
- Traditionally used as a powerful antioxidant that supports a healthy inflammation response, this mushroom powder may support brain and neural health, improve mood, memory, and focus.
- For an immune system boost, enjoy the benefits of this rich mushroom powder brewed as a tea, in your favorite smoothie or sprinkled on yogurt.
Lion’s Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is a culinary and medicinal mushroom and is a
well-established candidate for brain and nerve health.
- Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine (1)
Mushrooms have been used by humans for thousands of years as food and medicine.
There are more than 14,000 species of mushrooms. Of the 2,000 edible mushrooms, 270 species are considered as potential therapeutic or preventive agents that may ensure human wellness. (2, 3)
The Lion’s Mane mushroom and its extract may be near the top of this powerful list. That’s because Lion’s Mane mushroom extract may have a wonderful variety of powerful health benefits.
In fact, Lion’s Mane may be beneficial in protecting against dementia, may reduce mild symptoms of anxiety and depression and may help repair nerve damage. It also has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immune-boosting abilities.
Lion’s Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is a culinary-medicinal mushroomused traditionally in Eastern Asia to improve memory. (5)
The increasing consumption of Lion’s Mane and other culinary and medicinal mushrooms can be attributed not only to the pleasant flavor and aroma but also to the current search for functional foods that are high in nutrition as well as bioactive including antioxidant activities. (4)
Low in calories and fat, Lion’s Mane is an excellent addition to virtually anyone's diet because it is rich in proteins, fibers, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and a variety of beneficial phytochemicals.
Additionally, Lion’s Mane is noted for its polysaccharide components, which play a role in the stimulation of the immune system. One of Lion’s Mane’s most unique and powerful benefits is activities related to nerve and brain health.
Lion’s Mane triggers neurite outgrowth and
regeneration of damaged nerves(1)
Erinaceus (Lion's Mane mushroom) has been extensively studied for its neuro health properties. Studies show that the polysaccharides in Lion's Mane mushroom could induce neuronal differentiation and support neuronal survival.(1)
A fascinating study of older adults found that consuming 3 grams of powdered Lion’s Mane mushroom every day for four months significantly improved mental function. (6)
Some possible traditional uses of pure Premium Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom Extract Powder may include:
- May support the activation of immune macrophages, neutrophils, and monocytes
- May increase antibody production
- May increase interferon production
- May increase immune activity which might support the fight against some diseases
- May inhibit tumors
- May support the reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines
- May support memory
- May support mental clarity
- May support enhanced concentration
- May support the nervous system
- May support muscle recovery
- May support a balanced mood
Constituents of Lion’s Mane may include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Germanium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
- Polysaccharides: D-glucose, D-xylose, D-mannose, D-galactose, D-fucose, L-arabinose, L-rhamnose
- Triterpenes: Gandenic Acid, Lucidunic Acid, Ganoderenic acid, Sanedermic acid, Ganosporeic acid, Ganosporelactone A, B, Ganoderma Nonol, Ganodermenonol A, Epoxyganoderiol A, B, C
- Fatty acids: Phosphatidylethanol-amines, Phosphatidylcholine
- Other Phytochemicals: Phosphatidylethanol-amines, Phosphatidylcholine
- Fatty acids: Phosphatidylethanol-amines, Phosphatidylcholine
Suggested Use: Take 1 teaspoon with food twice daily.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic cordyceps extract and cacao powder. Or sprinkle on entres, soups, yogurt, or add the smoothies or tea.
Botanical Name: Hericium erinaceus, H. erinaceus
Other Names: monkey head mushroom, bearded tooth mushroom, satyr's beard, bearded hedgehog mushroom, pom pom mushroom, or bearded tooth fungus (7)
Ingredients: Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom Extract, Organic Maltodextrin.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Origin: Grown and extracted in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up,resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is natural and minimally processed.
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here todiscover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Pleasecontact ourBulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
- Neuronal Health – Can Culinary and Medicinal Mushrooms Help?: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3924982/
- Chang ST, Buswell JA. Development of the world mushroom industry: Applied mushroom biology and international mushroom organizations. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2008;10:195–208. [Google Scholar]
- Wasser SP. Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;60:258–74. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Royse DJ. Foreword to the Fifth international conference on mushroom biology and mushroom products. Acta Edulis Fungi. 2005;12:1–2. [Google Scholar]
- Chemical Constituents from Hericium erinaceus Promote Neuronal Survival and Potentiate Neurite Outgrowth via the TrkA/Erk1/2 Pathway : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5578049/
- Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18844328
- Hericium erinaceus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericium_erinaceus
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )