- A natural source of L-Dopa, our Organic Mucuna Pruriens Seed Powder naturally contains 5% L-Dopa.
- Naturally occuring L-Dopa, in mucuna, is a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine an important brain chemical involved in mood and movement.
- The total alkaloids from Mucuna Pruriens comprise of five alkaloids.
- This plant food is one that you may see fairly quick results with so it can be used on an as needed basis or for extended periods of time... More Info
L-Dopa contains natural secretagogues which may support healthy HGH levels.
The blood carries the dopamine into the brain, where it naturally increases HGH production from the pituitary gland.
The increased dopamine levels may lead to increased vitality for both men and women. In a study done at the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, Mucuna Pruriens when administered in a dose of 75 mg/kg body weight daily, increased the vitality levels of male albino rats considerably by stimulating "male" levels. A ten fold increase in the mating frequency was observed. The research shows that active animals had increased stamina and improved endurance levels after 21 to 28 days. However, animals with initially low vitality levels did not derive any benefits.
Another research study shows that mucuna pruriens heightened sensitivity and activity to a moderate extent, but it also sustained it for longer time frames, as indicated by the increase in control group 1 and decrease in control group 2. Mucuna Pruriens is shown to possibly possess central depressant activity. This study shows that Mucuna Pruriens can be used to support healthy energy levels and increase stamina.
The total alkaloids from mucuna pruriens comprise of five alkaloids (purienine and purienidine). These alkaloids are found to possibly support healthy biological functions. This may lead to increased life-force levels. The alkaloids in mucuna pruriens may increase male levels either by action on glandular function or on leydig's cells.
Remarkably, Amazonian shamans utilized mucuna as a tool for supporting healthy sensory awareness and deeply meditative effects. Today, science indicates that it may support lucid dreaming and essential REM sleeping patterns. REM level sleep is imperative to support healthy energy levels, recovery and sense of wellbeing. Our Mucuna Pruriens Seed Powder is of the highest quality and processed in the perfect proportions to support the body.
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Raw Mucuna Pruriens Seed Powder may include:*
- May support overall vitality for men & women
- May improve mood & sense of well-being
- May support healthy energy levels
- Possibly supports healthy HGH levels
- May support bone health
- May support skin health
- May support a healthy nervous system
- May support healthy blood sugar levels
- May support deep sleeping patterns
- May have antioxidant properties
- May help to support a healthy lipid profile
- May support healthy and lean muscle mass
- May support a healthy immune response
Constituents of Mucuna include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Niacin, Riboflavin
- Amino Acids: Cystine,glutamic acid, glutathione, glycine, histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Valine
- Phytochemicals: Alkaloids, Alkylamines, Arachidic acid, Behenic acid, Betacarboline, Bufotenine, Dopamine, Fatty Acids, flavones, galactose d, gallic acid, 5-hydroxytryptamine, L-Dopa, Mannose D, , 6-Methoxyharman, Mucunadine, Mucunain, Mucunine, Myristic Acid, Prurienidine, Prurienine, Saponins, Stizolamine, Tryptamine, Vernolic acid.
- Sterols: Beta-sitosterol, Genistein, hydroxygenistein
- Fatty Acids: Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid, Oleic acid
- Enzymes: Trypsin
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use: Begin by taking 1/4 teaspoon each day and if no negative reactions occur work up to 1 teaspoon daily. Mix with water, juice, yogurt, add to a smoothie, or infuse into a tea. Mucuna may work best when taken together with green tea extract.
Tincture - This method can take 15 to 30 days. You will need 3 items (mason jar with cover, the herb/herbs of your choice, liquid for extracting). The extracting liquid can be alcohol, alcohol/ water combo, vinegar or vegetable glycerin. Take the product and fill the jar ¾ full, add the liquid of your choice and close the jar. Then shake the jar so everything is well mixed. Give the jar a good 5 minute shake, several times a day. After 15 to 30 days strain and bottle in glass tincture jars.
Mixing suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic extra rich cacao powder.
Mucuna Pruriens is an established herbal remedy in some societies. However, due to the lack of robust scientific evidence as to its safety and effectiveness, its use in the U.S. requires medical supervision.
Botanical Name: Mucuna Pruriens.
Other Names: Velvet bean, Cowitch, Cowhage, Cow-itch, mucuna, nescafé, pó de mico, fava-coceira, cabeca-de-frade, cowage, bengal bean, mauritius bean, itchy bean, krame, picapica, chiporro, buffalo bean, Kapikachu, atmagupta, yerepe, Yoruba.
Parts Used: Raw Mucuna Pruriens Seed.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Ingredients: Organic Mucuna Pruriens.
Origin: Grown and dried in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up,resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
Sources & References
1. Ratsch, Christian. Enzyklopadie der psychoaktiven Pflanzen. Botanik, Ethnopharmakologie und Anwendungen. Aarau: AT-Verl. p. 15. ISBN 978-3-85502-570-1.
2. "Factsheet - Mucuna pruriens". www.tropicalforages.info. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
3. "Factsheet - Mucuna pruriens". www.tropicalforages.info. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
4. Amin KMY, Khan MN, Hakim Syed Zillur Rahman, et al. (1996) "function improving effect of Mucuna pruriens in normal male rats". Fitoterapia, jrg.67 (nr.1): pp. 53-58. Quote: The seeds of M. pruriens are used for treating sexual dysfunction in Tibb-e-Unani (Unani Medicine), the traditional system of medicine of the Indo-Pakistan Subcontinent.
5. Tan, NH; Fung, SY; Sim, SM; Marinello, E; Guerranti, R; Aguiyi, JC (2009). "The protective effect of Mucuna pruriens seeds against snake venom poisoning". Journal of Ethnopharmacology 123 (2): 356" 8. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2009.03.025. PMID 19429384.
6. "Characterization of the factor responsible for the antisnake activity of Mucuna Pruriens"' seeds". Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene 40: 25" 28. 1999.
8. Medicinal Plants: Chemistry And ... - Google Book Search. books.google.com. 2006. ISBN 978-1-57808-395-4. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
9. Katzenschlager, R; Evans, A; Manson, A; Patsalos, PN; Ratnaraj, N; Watt, H; Timmermann, L; Van Der Giessen, R et al. (2004). "Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind clinical and pharmacological study". Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 75 (12): 1672" 7. doi:10.1136/jnnp.2003.028761. PMC 1738871. PMID 15548480.
10. Medical Toxicology - Google Book Search. books.google.com. 2004. ISBN 978-0-7817-2845-4. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
11. YERRA RAJESHWAR, MALAYA GUPTA and UPAL KANTI MAZUMDER (2005). "In Vitro Lipid Peroxidation and Antimicrobial Activity of Mucuna pruriens Seeds". IJPT 4: 32"“35.
12. G. V. Joglekar, M. B. Bhide J. H. Balwani. An experimental method for screening antipruritic agents. British Journal of Dermatology. Volume 75 Issue 3 Page 117 - March 1963.
13. Lieu CA. Kunselman AR. Manyam BV. Venkiteswaran K. Subramanian T."A water extract of Mucuna pruriens provides long-term amelioration of parkinsonism with reduced risk for dyskinesias." Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 16(7):458-65, 2010 Aug.
14. Manyam BV, Dhanasekaran M, Hare TA. Effect of antiparkinson drug HP-200 (Mucuna pruriens) on the central monoaminergic neurotransmitters. 2004. Phytother Res 18:97-101. DOI: 10.1002/ptr.1407 PMID 15022157.
15. Manyam BV, Dhanasekaran M, Hare TA. Neuroprotective effects of the antiparkinson drug Mucuna pruriens. 2004. Phytother Res 18:706-712. DOI: 10.1002/ptr.1514 PMID 15478206.
16. Katzenschlager R, Evans A, Manson A, et al. Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind clinical and pharmacological study. 2004. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1672-1677. DOI: 10.1136/jnnp.2003.028761 PMID 15548480 free full text.
17. "Erowid Mucuna pruriens Vault". www.erowid.org. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
18. "Species Information". sun.ars-grin.gov. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
19. "The phytochemistry, toxicology, and food potential of velvet bean". www.idrc.ca. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
20. Chemical Compounds Found in "Mucuna Puriens".
21. D Champatisingh, P K Sahu, A Pal, and G Nanda. Anticataleptic and antiepileptic activity of ethanolic extract of leaves of Mucuna pruriens: A study on the role of the dopaminergic system in epilepsy in albino rats. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. 43 (2) 2011, 197-199.www.ijp-online.com.
22. "Mucuna pruriens information from NPGS/GRIN". www.ars-grin.gov. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Mucuna Pruriens Seed Powder - Organic
Use it for the dopamine
Love what this product does for libido
Earn a Discount!
Here at Z Natural Foods, we firmly believe that sharing is caring. Invite your friends to our store and be rewarded with $10 dollars as soon as they make their first order.* And if they love our products just as much as you do, you will continue to be rewarded again and again!
( Minimum amount : 10 $ )
Mucuna Pruriens Seed Powder - Organic
Use it for the dopamine
Love what this product does for libido