- Organic Red Raspberry Powder is the perfect combination of deliciously sweet and slightly sour
- The aromatic, colorful red and nutrient-rich powder dissolves quickly, mixes well with almost anything, and stays fresh and delicious for 2 years
- Anthocyanins found in raspberries, which act as pigments to give berries their deep color, are a major component of the phenolic/flavonoid class. Recent research shows that anthocyanins act as antioxidants, providing many potential health benefits
Organic Red Raspberry Powder is a delicious, natural source of antioxidants, is highly convenient, dissolves fast, and mixes well - perfect for smoothies, yogurt toppers, and is a delicious juice when mixed with water
Red Raspberries rank near the top of all fruits for antioxidant strength, particularly due to their natural content of ellagic acid (from ellagitannins), quercetin, gallic acid, anthocyanins, cyanidins, pelargonidins, catechins, kaempferol, and salicylic acid.
Researchers are currently linking anthocyanin activity to possibly supporting healthy vision, blood sugar levels, circulation, fighting cellular mutations, and supporting a healthy aging process. Raspberries' anthocyanins also give these delectable berries unique antimicrobial properties, including the ability to prevent the overgrowth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body.
Quercetin and catechins are flavonols found in raspberries that act as antioxidants that support a healthy immune system response and may contribute to the prevention of cell mutation. Quercetin has also been shown to support the release of healthy histamine levels, which may support a healthy allergic response.
One of the most promising benefits of red raspberries is that they are a natural source of ellagic acid. This substance belongs to the family of phytonutrients called tannins and is viewed as being responsible for a good portion of the antioxidant activity of these (and other) berries. Ellagic acid has become known as a possible anti-mutagenic compound. Ellagic acid may possibly act as a scavenger to "bind" mutation-causing chemicals, possibly making them inactive. It also may inhibit the ability of other chemicals to cause mutations in bacteria.
In addition, ellagic acid from red raspberries may support the body’s ability to prevent the binding of carcinogens to DNA and may reduce the incidence of cell mutation in cultured human cells exposed to carcinogens.
Raspberries are a natural source of manganese and vitamin C. They are a very good source of vitamin K and a good source of magnesium, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, copper, vitamin E, and potassium. But eating whole berries or berry powder has been shown in scientific studies to be more beneficial than taking the individual phytochemicals in the form of dietary supplements.
Some possible traditional uses of our Organic Raspberry Powder may include:
- Highest food source of ellagic acid
- Almost 50% higher antioxidant activity than strawberries because of high levels of tannins
- May support the body’s ability to prevent overgrowth of certain bacteria & fungi in the body
- High in polyphenolic compounds known for their anti-cell mutation properties
- Contain strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C, quercetin & Gallic acid
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- Red raspberry ketones are currently being used in Japan as a weight-loss supplement in a pill form and as an external patch
- A natural source of anthocyanins including quercetin, kaempferol cyanidin-3-glucosyl rutinoside & cyanidin-3-rutinoside
Constituents of Red Raspberry include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta & Alpha-carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Malvidin, Pelargonidin, Peonidin, Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Quercetin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with recipes, juice, yogurt, or chocolate.
Ingredients: Organic Raspberry, Silicone Dioxide.
Parts Used: Raspberry fruit.
Botanical Name: Rubus idaeus L.
Other Names: Red Raspberry, Raspbis, Hindberry, Bramble of Mount Ida, Bramblebush, Raspberry.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
Origin: Product of USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Raspberry Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic Raspberry Juice Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
* Reviews & Success Stories DisclaimerProduct reviews solely reflect the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Z Natural Foods. Z Natural Foods does not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.